Chapter 7

GEET'S POV

"Hi! I am Vivek." The boy said adjusting his glasses.

"I am Geet." I said with a smile. The guest had arrived and made themselves comfortable. They seemed like nice people so far. I am still worried of what Ranbir will do. He has not contacted me since last night. He is not replying to my messages even.

"Geet, Vivek is having his own company in Mumbai. He was always a hardworking guy." Dad said with a proud look.

"It's just a startup uncle. I have many goals to achieve yet." He said with a smile.

My father's phone rang and he excused himself.

"What?! I-Where did you see this? I will call you later." He said and his face was contoured in anger and shock.

He turned to look at me with a glare making me gulp. What happened now?

"What happened dad?" Karan asked after seeing dad's expression.

"It was Arnav's call from the hospital. He-He told me to switch on the TV." Dad said and I could sense fear in his voice.

Karan started the TV and dad told him to switch to the news channel.

"Ranbir Raghuvanshi has announced his engagement today on his social media handles. He announced the name of his fiance as Geet Thapar a designer from Jaipur. The date of their wedding is of one week later. Everyone is curious about the girl who has managed to steal his heart- " The news stopped as Dad switched off the TV.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I couldn't even stand my from my place. I had never imagined that he will do something like this.

"What is this nonsense? You brought us here to fix their marriage when she is already engaged to someone else?" Vivek's father said fuming with anger.

My father tried to explain but he was again cut off by that man.

"We don't want to hear anything. We are leaving." With that all of them left.

"What the hell is all this? Geet did you know about this?" Karan asked coming in front of me. I shook my head, standing up.

Dad came in front of me and stared at me with a hard look. I gulped and looked down.

"Are you in contact with him Geet?" He asked in a stern voice. I nodded my head and heard my mom gasp. Dad inhaled loudly before looking away from me.

"Do you know what has happened? The whole world knows about this now. Humari izzat ko raaste pe lekar aayi ho tum. Tumhari wajah se sirf tumhari wajah se aaj hum sab sharminda hai Geet." He spat venomously and my eyes welled up.

(You have brought our dignity to the streets. We are all embarrassed because of you.)

I shook my head and said,"No papa, I have not done anything wrong. You had a deal with him and he is following it. It's your turn now."

Dad's eyes widened at my audacity. I was never the one to go against them.

"Yeh kya bol rahi ho? Akal thikane hai ki mai lagau?" Karan said grabbing my arm.

(What are you saying? Are you out of your mind?)

I looked staright into his eyes and replied,"Main aur Ranbir ek dusre se pyaar karte hai aur shaadi karna chahte hai. Isme kahi bhi, mujhe aapki khandan ki izzat girti huyi nahi dikh rahi."

(I and Ranbir love each other and want to get married. And don't see our family's disgrace anywhere in this.)

Karan opened his mouth but was cut off by loud band outside our house. We all frowned at the traditional music.