Past Part 2: The Devil

That night I dreamed that I was standing outside of the man's large house watching it burn to the ground. I looked around for Elsabeth, but she was nowhere to be seen. Only when I looked into one of the higher windows did I realize that it was too late to save her. The last thing I remember was listening to her scream for help.

I woke up in the living room, with the mysterious stranger standing in front of the fireplace facing it. I quickly stood up and tried to slow down my heart rate, for I could feel it pounding in my chest. "It seems like you had a bad dream. Would you mind telling me what it was about?" He turned around to face me and gave me a sly smile. I took a step back and said, "I'd rather you tell me how I got down here." He stayed silent. I realized that he wasn't going to tell me, so I just told him my dream.

"I dreamed that I lost my little sister... to Death. But that will never happen." I said the last part with confidence, but apparently he was not convinced. "Are you sure? Everyone dies you know, it is inevitable that you and your sister will part." He turned back around and started to walk away. Feeling like Elsabeth or I were being threatened, I walked towards him and said "That will never happen. She is the only family I have now, my only concern is that she and I stay together and stay alive. No matter what it takes, I will always protect her." I said this and stormed away. It's what he said next that stunned me.

"What would you do if I told you that there was a way to keep both you and your sister alive... forever?" My feet suddenly turned to lead and I forgot how to breathe. I slowly turned and said "I would say you are lying." He chuckled softly and said " Ah, but my child, I'm not. You see I am no ordinary man; I am a very special man, with very special powers. I have the ability to keep you and your sister alive." I became a combination of scared and excited. I was scared of his power and what it could do; but excited because according to him it could keep Elsabeth and I alive. "How can you do that, may I ask?" He took a few steps towards me and said the scariest thing I had ever heard in my life, "Perhaps you would know my capabilities better if you knew who I was. I am known by many names, but you may call me Lucifer." The Devil.