Present Part 5: The Second Deal

I suddenly felt as if all of the air in my body had been sucked out of my lungs. How much more of me does he want, I asked myself. As soon as I felt like the feeling in my legs had returned, I turned around in anger and asked "You already have my soul and my loyalty; what more of me is there to have?" As soon as I said this, I knew what his answer would be, and I was terrified to hear him say it. He walked towards me slowly, and gently brushed the back of his hand against my cheek; which I'm pretty sure was turning hot and red. However, it wasn't because of his touch, but rather the fact that he had just touched my cheek in general. He slowly moved his fingertips down the side of my neck, then my side, then my hip. He grabbed me with both hands and pulled me towards him.

"I am the ruler of the Underworld, and everything evil. I am the Prince of Darkness himself, Madeline; but I'm still a man regardless." Before I could ask what he meant, he leaned in and whispered in my ear "The one thing I don't have and have always wanted from you, is your body." I froze in shock. What sickened me the most about what he said was that he said it with a confident smile on his face as if I would automatically succumb to him. I'll admit that I was desperate to get my little sister back, but I was not desperate enough to become the Devil's consort.

I pushed him away with a look of hatred across my face and said "You sicken me, Lucifer. Here I am asking for your help, and you attempt to take advantage of me. Just like the night I conducted the ritual." I started for the door when I suddenly realized what I said and started recalling the memory. I remembered how willing I was to give up everything for Beth, and how I didn't care about anything else but keeping her safe. Then I realized how selfish I was being right now. I wouldn't help Beth because I didn't want Lucifer to have my dignity; which he technically already took that night. However, I knew how to work around these kinds of deals.

I turned around and walked to him. "Alright," I said just loud enough for him to hear me, "I'll do what you ask as long as you give me your word that you will bring Elsabeth back." He smiled a friendly smile, and said "Of course... my love" I had to fight everything inside of me not to scream. However, I fought it, and finally was able to talk "You also must promise that I will be free to return to the Mortal Realm whenever I please." His face somewhat hardened as he walked towards me, but quickly returned to a semi-friendly smile and replied "I'm afraid that I can't give you that. You see, if you give yourself to me, you are bound to me and my kingdom for all eternity."

My jaw dropped and my body froze when he said that. He turned and walked back towards his throne as if giving me time to ponder his offer. If I agree, he'll bring Elsabeth back to life, but I'll never see her again because I'll be trapped down here forever. However, if I don't agree, Elsabeth will remain dead and I'll be cursed with the feeling of guilt for the rest of time. I didn't know what to do so I asked, trying not to sound shaky, "Can I have some time to think about it?" He turned back around and said "You may have 24 hours. If you have not reached a decision by then, I'll be forced to make the decision for you. And just to be sure that you don't try anything to escape my deal, you will stay here in the castle while you consider your options."

No sooner had he snapped his fingers and I was transported to one of the bedrooms in the upper wings of the castle. I tried to open the doors and run, but they were sealed with his magic and I couldn't break it. So I just sat on the bed and began debating with myself on whether or not to become the Devil's Consort.