Chapter 2

Lani and her ditto were once again wandering through the forest. She couldn't take her mind off of the pokemon she saw just the night before. The aura of that pokemon was... different. It was almost godly. Lani stopped in her tracks and reflected on the aura she felt around the pokemon. She suddenly collapsed and rolled around like she was trying to put out flames on her body.

"Di...tto...?" Ditto questioned as it stood nearby. Lani ended her rolling rampage on her back, staring at the sky. The revelation made her whole body almost sporadic! She just met-er-Saw a LEGENDARY pokemon!!!!!! This is amazing! Lani lay there thinking, wondering. What was the name of the pokemon? Why did it appear to her? What was that aura?!?!?

"Ditto!! Ditto dit!!" Her ditto cried as it stood over her with a concerned face. Lani suddenly sat up and grabbed her flute. She played a few notes. Asking the ditto to turn into the pokemon from last night. Ditto though. Then it took a step back and tried. Lani stared. Wondering if ditto could do it! Sadly, the ditto could not. It was too dark. And all it got were the rainbow fireflies that floated off of the pokemon's antlers.

"Ditto..." Ditto said sadly. Lani took ditto into her arms and comforted it. She assured him that it wasn't his fault. The ditto did feel better, but not by much. Lani carried ditto in her arms as they made their way to the next city. The pair suddenly appeared at a waterfall and lake. They decided that they would stop there for a snack.

Lani found a big rock for them to sit on. She set Ditto down before climbing on herself. Lani sat with her feet dangling off the edge of the rock as she pulled her backpack to her front. She opened the bag to reveal snacks of all kinds. Berries, cookies, and a few leftover macarons from the Pokecenter cafe.

"Ditto!" It cheered as it helped Laylani set up their little picnic. Lani smiled once they got everything out of her bag and laid out. It truly was a feast of sweets. The two began to eat some of the deserts when another pokemon approached.

"Ee! Eevee!" An Eevee called up to the pair on the rock. Both the trainer and the pokemon looked down at the Eevee. It was just sitting there. Lani smiled and held out a macaron for it to take. The Eevee smiled and gracefully hopped up to the pair to take the Macaron. Lani placed it down for the Eevee. Eevee laid down right there and ate with Lani and her ditto. The now trio ate most of the food before packing it away and relaxing on the rock. They basked in the sun, letting its warmth shine down on them.

Lani suddenly got out her flute and began to play a soft tune. Both ditto and Eevee listened carefully and quietly. Enjoying the relaxing moment.

"Viv! Viv! Vivion!!" Lani sat up and looked on towards the forest. A panicked Vivion was quickly flying towards the three. Eevee jumped to its feet.

"Ee! Eevee Ee!" It shouted as the Vivion stopped before it.

"Viv! Ion! Vivion!" It began to explain something to Eevee.

"Eevee!" It said as both Eevee and Vivion took off. Lani and Ditto looked at each other before following after the two wild pokemon. They were fast but Lani and ditto managed to keep up. When they got to where the pokemon had runoff, they saw a Scyther and a Scizor duking it out. Both Lani and Ditto stood and watched from the shadows as the two bug types fought. Eevee was shouting at them. Assumingly, demanding they stopped fighting. But the two bigger pokemon were too angry to stop. Eevee then used swift on the two. The brawling pokemon paused as they looked at the Eevee.

"Eevee Eevee Ee!!" It scolded them. Lani was interested and amused. This small furry pokemon was basically scolding two pokemon three, even four, times its size! This is nothing like anyone had ever taught Lani.

Suddenly, both Scyther and Scizor used Fury Cutter at the Eevee. Lani would never know what came over her, but her whole body moved without her brain's command. Her feet ran for the Eevee, her arms reached out, and her heart was racing. Laylani protected the Eevee with her body and took the hit. When the move collided with her body, she cried out with no sound. The impact of the move made her roll away a bit. But she still held the Eevee. She looked down at the confused Eevee in her arms.