Chapter 4

Lani stepped off the plane and onto Kalos soil for the first time in four years. She wondered how everything had changed since she left with Terra. She let out her Ditto and now, Espeon.

"Ditto!!"

"Espeon!" They cheered. They were finally home. Lani smiled and began to run. She wanted to visit all of her pokemon and human friends. All those who were there to bid her and Terra goodbye! Ditto became a Pidgey and flew after the now teen while Espeon casually ran with her. The trio ran throughout Lumios city. There were new buildings, but old ones were still there. There were faces Lani didn't recognize and some that waved as they ran past. Lani was finally home.

The very first place Laylani went was the meadow. The very first meadow that started her entire adventure. She wondered if all those pokemon she met had evolved. Or if they were even there anymore! Soon, she got there. The place that started it all. As she looked about, there were so many more pokemon than there were before.

"Espe!" Espeon ran out into the meadow. Ditto followed after. It was still a Pidgey. Lani smiled and ran after them. She took her flute and began to play that familiar song. She ran with her two remaining pokemon and played with all her passion. Hoping that her wild friends would appear and come greet her. As Lani stood in the middle of the meadow, a bunch of pokemon came charging at her. There were Butterfrees and Beedrills alongside Jumpluffs and Bellossoms with Veilplumes. Even the Farfetch'd came running. Lani gave a big toothy grin as the pokemon tackled her down into the grass. Lani was over the moon. She couldn't believe that the pokemon remembered her! All the pokemon attacked Lani with affection. They missed her more than Lani would ever know. Once all the pokemon had got their welcome home hugs in, Lani began to play her flute. She, her pokemon, and the wild pokemon danced all together.

This cycle repeated over the entire week Lani had been back in Kalos. She couldn't help but feel connected to the sacred wildlife of the Kalos Region. Lani met new and old poke-friends along the way. She even met some of the nurse Joys that ran the pokemon centers. Right now, Laylani was in a Pokecenter between Camphrier and Ambrette. She and Terra used to come here a lot.

Lani sat at the window, looking out into the nearby fields. There were more of her wild friends out there waiting for her. Lani thought about the challenges in Kalos she had to leave behind. She was older and more experienced now. She should be able to conquer them now. She was no longer the shy, intimidated ten-year-old she was when she started. No. She is fourteen and ready to take on the world!

"Laylani!" Nurse Joy called. Lani looked over at the counter. Nurse Joy had returned from treating her pokemon. Lani smiled and walked over to the counter. "It's so wonderful to see you again Lani. It was almost crazy to not see you or Terra walk in every other day. Lani gave a silent chuckle as she took the pokeballs. She then took a notepad and pencil.

"I will admit, it was terrifying leaving the only home I knew. But in doing so, I grew and am now stronger than ever!" She wrote out on the paper. Nurse joy chuckled.

"Leaving home will always be hard. Once you get used to it, it won't feel as bad." Nurse Joy said. Lani smiled before running over to grab her stuff and escape into the wonders of nature.

Just as Lani stepped foot into the field, Vivions, Sunflora, Lotads, Breloom, and Budew came running. Lani ran towards them as well. As Lani and the pokemon collide, Espeon and ditto come out of their pokeballs and join the dogpile. Lani hugged and petted all of the pokemon. Many of them had evolved from the last time she saw them. Lani stood and played happy notes. The pokemon cheered as they danced. Lani danced and played with the pokemon. Her passion and spirit went into her music. Maybe that was what caused the wild pokemon to be her friend? Or maybe they just like good music. Whatever the cause, Lani couldn't be any more-