Chapter 5

"The next scene will be Serena and Fennekin baking goodies together," Clemont says as Lani fixes the camera on its stand. Serena then walks into the room

"Tada! Notice how we're wearing matching aprons! And Pikachu even has a Cameo Role!" Serena says upon entry.

"Pika Pika." Pikachu sheepishly says. Lani smiles. The aprons are cute. Serena walks over to the end of the counter while Fennekin and Pikachu hop onto the counter.

"Are we ready to roll?" Clemont asks as he stands by the camera.

"All set! Serena confirms. Lani grabs the clapboard and gets ready to do her part.

"Aaannnddd, Action!" He says. Lani does her thing before removing the board from the screen to reveal Serena. They started off pretty well. Serena made the batter while Fennekin sat nearby and watched.

"Pikachu, powdered sugar please," Serena says as she keeps mixing. Pikachu smiled and tried to carry the big bowl across the counter. He almost made it! But he lost his balance, and the bowl tipped over, causing a big sugary cloud to fill the room. Everyone coughed as the sugar filled their lungs. Lani summoned Espeon and Ditto out of their pokeballs. Her pokemon came out and were confused.

"Ditto?" Ditto Found Lani and stayed close.

"Es? Espe?!" Lani touched Espeon's back and Espeon knew what to do. "Espeooonnn!!" She called as she used psychic. All the windows opened and the powdered sugar slowly began to filter out. Lani placed her other hand on Ditto, instructing it on what to do. Ditto swiftly turned into a Butterfree and used gust, sending the rest of the powdered cloud out the windows. Once sight was given, everyone could see just how messy the room was. Everything was covered in powdered sugar. Especially Fennekin and Pikachu. Being covered in the powder made Fennekin angry.

"Were sorry Fennekin!!" Ash tried to apologize to the angry firefox. But that wasn't good enough for her. Fennekin blew another angry ember at Pikachu who dodged and let the sparks hit ash instead. Everyone gasped as the bit of smoke cleared. Ash was now covered 9in soot too.

"I guess I just can't win." Ash groaned.

"Pika-chu..." Pikachu apologized.

"Right.... And cut.." Clemont said as he stopped recording.

"How about we take a break?" Serena suggests. Everyone agrees as they all go to clean up. Lani didn't mind the mess. Though it would be best if she didn't have powdered sugar in her hair. While the others went elsewhere in the building, Lani went outside. Espeon and Buterfree followed. Lani had taken her flute from her bag and stood in the middle of the field. She took in a breath and played some notes. Butterfree used gust on her as she turned around. The powdered sugar had come off of her clothes and mostly out of her hair. Good enough for her now.

Lani waited outside for the others to finish cleaning up. While she did, she practiced battle tactics for the Kalos League. Now that she was back, she wanted to join, hoping that she would be able to make it this time. As she trained with Ditto and Espeon, some of the pokemon from before had returned.

"Breloom Breloom Bre!" The wild Breloom called as it stood next to Lani. Lani looked down and smiled. She kneeled and patted its head. Breloom smiled back and danced a little. Lani looked around. No one seemed to be around... She stood and called her pokemon over. Ditto and Espeon stopped before coming over to their trainer. Lani hopped onto a rock. It was just big enough for her to stand on. Lani positioned her flute before taking in a breath. She then played an upbeat song. Encouraging the pokemon to dance with her. They smiled and did so. They loved to dance when Lani was playing her flute.

Unbeknownst to Lani or any of the Pokemon, the group of friends that she had met earlier that day was watching. They were bedazzled by Lani's ability to connect with the wild pokemon so quickly. They were even more amazed at how she danced with the wild pokemon. It's like they've known each other for lifetimes. Serena watched as Lani danced and played with such passion and joy. The sheer happiness and energy Lani radiated was enough to make her want to join. It was like Lani was glowing with raw passion. The performance soon ended and the pokemon cheered for Lani. Lani smiled and bowed carefully. Suddenly, Bonnie came running towards the group.