Chapter 3

Laylani sat in the pokemon center as it became dark. Ditto and Eevee were asleep within their Pokeballs, so Lani was left to her thoughts. She wondered what she should do on her journey. Her Aunt told her she could do whatever she put her mind to, but just what would she do? Lani is starting to that this wasn't such a good idea. She was kinda lost and didn't know what to do. Lani stood, forgetting that her flute was in her lap. It fell on the floor and rolled away. Lani quickly ran after it. It hit the wall before stopping. Lani quickly picked it up and made sure it wasn't broken. She "sighed" when she saw it wasn't broken. She then looked at the wall and was a poster. Intrigued, she read the poster.

Kalos league? Sounds interesting enough. Lani read the fine print on the poster. Gain eight gym badges required to enter? Sounds right. This Kalos League thing does sound and look tough. So gaining eight badges would be like proof that one is strong enough to enter.

Lani's mind was made up! She was going to join this Kalos League!!! In doing so, she would prove that she was the best! Despite not being able to speak. She looked at her flute of fate and smiled. She swore that she would win this! No matter what it took!!!

"Ditto?" Lani turned around to see Ditto standing behind her. Lani smiled and took a step to the right to show ditto the poster. Ditto tilted its head. Lani kneeled and ditto climbed into her arms. Lani turned back to the poster and pointed at the title. She then explained with the pictures before she pointed at herself, then ditto, then Eevee's Pokeball, then back at the poster. Ditto now understood.

"Ditto!!" It cheered and hugged Lani. Lani smiled and hugged ditto back. This was it! This was her opportunity to prove the world wrong!

********

Lani Left the Pokecenter early that morning. She had been up most of the night looking at a map and planning out her route. So far, she was closest to Coumarine city. Luckily, there was a gym there. So Lani decided to do some research on the gym while making her way there. Then she realized something.

She's never had a battle before!!! Well, she did have all those pokemon make moves against each other. But they never fight! Lani began to freak out. She needed to find a way to train both ditto and Eevee somehow! But how?!?!?! Lani didn't think much through.

"Hey, you!!" Lani jumped and whipped around. There was some girl. She looked kinda scary. The girl ran up to Lani so fast that Lani fell over from fear like a baby goat. The girl blinked in confusion.

"Are you ok?" Lani lay there shaking a bit. Human interaction terrifies her. The girl then held out a hand for Lani to take. "Sorry bout that. I just got excited." Lani looked at the girl quietly and took her hand. The girl pulled Lani up and smiled.

"I'm Terra!" The girl says as she smiles. Lani, now calmer, got a better look at this hyperactive girl. Terra seemed to be older than Lani was. She had Auburn hair and gray eyes. She was extremely pretty as well. Lani smiled and shook Terra's hand. "What about you? What's your name?" Lani blinked dumbfounded. Her mind went blank as she internally freaked out. She can't speak! How was she supposed to tell her anything?!?

"Ditto!" Lani looked down at the ground. Ditto had escaped from its Pokeball and found Lani's notepad and a pencil. Lani quickly took the notebook and scribbled her name.

"My name's Laylani. But I like to be called Lani for short." Lani was still shaking a bit. Her mind is slightly scrambled as she tries to think of more things to write.