Chapter 7

"Alright froakie water pulse!" Froakie hopped into the air and pulled back to power to release the water sphere. Just just it did, fletchling flew up and used double team to try and confuse the froakie. Froakie attacked one of the fletchings, only to find that it was the wrong one.

"Wow fletchingling! Your double team timing was perfect!" Ash complimented the little bird before turning back to froakie.

"Kay froakie use bubble!" Froakie once again jumped up into the air for the attack. Fletchling tried to dodge the attack, but it was hit by the very last bubble. It was quickly falling to the ground. But it caught itself before it could. FLetchling shook off the attack and stood prod, ready to fight again. Froakie landed back on the feild and ash ran up to it.

"Yeah! Just like that!" Ash said excitedly. Froakie nodded once in acknowledgement.

"You were great too fletchilg." Ash said as fletchling hopped forward. There was then an applaud from someone nearby. Everyone looked up to see Alexa walking up to them.

"Those pokemon are sure looking good." She complemented. Ash smiled and turned to fully face her.

"Alexa!" He said, happy to see her young reporter.

"Good to see you! It's been a while!" As she walked closer to ash, the rest of the group stepped up and stood with ash. "You all look well."

"Thanks." Ash said as she shifted his weight.

"So, you decided to travel along with Ash as well I see?" Alexa asks Serena.

"Right! And so much has happened since i made that choice." Serena says as they all look at each other.

"I cam imagine." Alexa chuckles before turning her attention to the silent brunette.

"I also see you guys also have a new addition to the group." She said, looking over at Lani. Lani shrunk back and held ditto close to her chest. She shied away from the reporter.

"This is Laylani! She is quite shy so she doesnt exactly speak to anyone." Ash explained to Alexa. She chuckled.

"Well it's nice to meet you Laylani." Helioptile hopped off of Alexa and went to greet Pikachu. Dedenne wanted to say hi as well but accidentally startled the little lizard, causing it to hiss and knock dedenne over. Pikachu quickly helped dedenne up and helioptile appologized to dedene.

"So Alexa, what brings you here anyway?" Ash asked as he turned hus attention back to Alexa.

"You saw Viola at the battle chateau right?" Alexa asked. Ash thought about it before responding.

"Yeah! Everyone knows how strong Viola is! But she still lost to grant." Ash chuckled. Lani stood off to the side as she listened. This must have happened before she joined their group. Though, the more she thought about it, the more the name "Viola" sounded familiar.

"That wasn't easy for her." Alexa chuckled. "Poor dear. She does not like losing one bit."

"I could imagine." Ash chuckled with her.

"Anyway, Viola had told me that your next stop was going to be the cylage city gym! I needed to come this way for some research on an article i've been working on. And i was hoping to run into you and so, viola here i am!" Alexa explained.

"What kind of article?" Clemont then asked, intrigued by what Alexa had said.

"I'm writing about the fossil lab." She said simply.

"What's the fossil lab?" Ash asked. Before Alexa could explain, Clemont did first.

"The fossil lab in Ambrette town is a very famous facility." Clemont said.