chapter 25: Attack on Teostra

IKAGI POV 2 DAY LATER

it's been two days since suna faught jhen mohran. since then we dropped ishiku and his group off and mount fuji. and a little bit ago we left buraison and his group and lake biwa. we couldn't take suna any further because there was no longer sand. we're on the other side of lake biwa. the people in my group are izuku, izumi, eri, jakobu and his monster rioc. i was carrying a crate of supplies.

i'm in my monster form and izuku and izumi are riding on my back while eri and jakobu are riding on Rioc. "so how long should it take us to get there" eri asked. "about 3 days without any detours or setbacks" i answer. "hey jakobu how does your quirk work exactly" izuku asks. 

"my quirk lets me make a 15 foot circle of gas around me and i can control whether it just knocks you out or kills you when you breath it in. or i could just make in smell bad. but it doesn't work on monsters" he explains as izuku writes it down on a notebook he pulled out of who knows where.

"i wonder how everyone else is doing" izumi asked herself. "hey eri, can you hop on ikagi for a second. i need to do something" jakobu asks. eri nodded her head and carefully walked across Riocs arm and onto mine then situated herself on my back. then rioc dived down towards the ground at insane speeds towards a herd of aptonoth. he snached one up in his talons and started eating it while flying. he gets back into position right next to us and tears into the aptonoth while flying.

we all just look at jakobu with a 'what the fuck' face. "what, he was hungry" was all he said. i just slowly shifted over away from him and rioc a little bit. we flew a little bit longer and rioc and finished eating the aptonoth. we were flying over a forest when izumi pointed something out "hey, what's that". 

i looked down and saw a village, and then realised they had ballistas pointed at us. "SHIT". the ballistas open fire at us and we do our best to dodge the giant bolts. a few hit me but they just bounce off of my scales. we land at the front gate of the village where we are met with people with weapons and quirks at the ready. i transform to my human form and a few people gasp.

"we come in peace" i say putting my massive sword on the ground and holding both of my hands up as a sign of surrendering. everyone else follows my lead. "can that one tun into a person too" one of the villagers ask gesturing to rioc. "no he's a normal monster but he won't anyone" jakobu reassures them.

"wait, i know you." a villager says talking about me "weren't you that guy that killed one of those dragons at the UA sports festival". "yes that was me" i say. "i thought you died when that giant snake thing hit you" another said. "no i'm alive" i say.

a loud horn sounds off. "quick come inside, you don't want the monster to get you at night" a villager says. then i realised the sun was starting to set. i grab my sword and the crate and walk through the gate and everyone follows me. "follow me" a villager says. we follow him to the main building and we go inside but rioc waits for us by the door. i set the crate down in a corner "so you must be those monster riders that just showed up, i am the mayor of this town. we need your help" the mayor says.

"what is it" eri asks. "at night, two monsters come and attack the village. we try to hold them off but they're two strong" he explains. "ok we'll help" izuku says. we walk back outside and come up with a plan since it's almost night out. "so ikagi and i will go and try to stop the monsters before they get here and izumi, eri, jakobu and rioc will be here to defend the village" izuku explanes. we all agree to it.

izuku and i walk out through the gate and they close it behind us. as we walk i don't sense anything but once thing i do notice is izuku seems distant. "ok, what's wrong" i ask. he was a little taken aback at first by the sudden question "n-nothing" he stuttered out. "you are a terrible liar" i say.