'Kashaf' (1)

When they were kids, Akshu and Aaru would insist he read them stories of princesses finding their way into the Palace halls, where they'd dance in a prince's steady arms, whisper praises into his ear so they could then rule over his kingdom as queens.

Over the years, Kairav believed that's what all girls wanted; a prince, an empire, and all that feminity offered. It had never crossed his mind that there were women who ran away from their diamond castles, preferring lives as insurgents to decorated dolls on the dias.

That was until he saw her.

Richer than the finest red wine, her satin ghagra choli couldn't have weighed less than 15 kilos, yet she dashed down the palace stairs with her sisters trailing her path. They called her name but she didn't look back. The white and lilac patterned dupatta defied the gushing winds of the Jaipur as they went back and forth in the air. Her laughter harmonized with the chanchanahat of her payal. Kairav had never heard a more ravishing sound.

"Kaka, aap darwaza bandh ki jiaye," one of her sisters shouted as Kashf approached the grand palace entrance.

She treaded past the closing doors, looking back to spare her sisters a glance and a thangha before crashing into Kairav's chest. He caught her swiftly, as he did so many times before. He yearned to lend a hand and brush those troubled locks out of her face.  

He never thought he'd see her again, nevertheless, like this. But here she was. The glint in her eyes shined brighter than all the stars in the galaxy and sent his heart for a rumble.

'Kashf' he called out to the girl in his arms.

Shock washed over her face as she recognized those benevolent eyes.

"Kairav," she whispered back, a small grin gracing her face.

I think this is the first part of two one-shots and I really like this one so I hope you do to.