Surgeons as Husbands

Another old one shot I realized I didn't add to this collection lol

'Surgeons make terrible husbands' Akshara thought to herself as she watched her in-laws leave for the party while she, dressed in a gorgeous lehenga, was awaiting her husband's return. Her wonderful, dashing, but introverted husband. Her in-laws said they would wait with her or she could come with them right now and Abhi could come later but Akshara politely declined. She didn't feel good entering this function without her husband, especially since it was her elder brother Vansh's tilak. What impression would Vansh's in-laws have of her and Abhi if they came separately?

After another 10 minutes of restless waiting for Abhi, Akshara called up Maggie, the hospital's charge nurse for an update.

"Maggie, hi. Main Akshara bol rahi ho. Abhi ki surgery kaisi chal rahi hain?"

"Akshara Ma'am, Abhi's bypass surgery should be completed soon." Maggie could hear Akshara's exasperated sigh and couldn't help but feel for the woman. Marrying a surgeon with such a difficult schedule must be exhausted. "Do you want me to give him a message?"

"No Maggie that's okay, main aa hi rahi hoon hospital. Uske sherwani le kar. Thanks though."

Akshara always knew she didn't fit in much, especially in hospitals. This was Aarohi's element and Aarohi would always be number one here. So when she arrived in the hospital in a heavy lehenga choli, she felt more out of place than normal and she rushed into Abhi's office before the staff could talk to her. Expecting Abhi to still be in surgery, Akshara was shocked to see him pacing in his office.

"Abhi?" She called out.

"Akshu, I'm so glad you're here. Mujhe tumse kal raat ke baare mein baat karni thi.

"Tumhari surgery?"

"It just finished. Akshu I'm so-"

Akshara harshly cut him off. "Abhi, mujhe uske baare mein nahi baat karni, tum please ye sherwani wear karo, everyone's waiting at the party." She shoved the clothes into his arm and sat on the arm of his office couch.

Abhi was dejected seeing Akshara's cold demeanour. But, before he could say anything else, she ushed "Abhi hurry". So he did. Abhi quickly took off his scrub shirt and threw it onto the seat next to her. Akshara picked his discarded shirt and waved it in front of his eyes

"Abhi, tum kya kar re ho?"

"Change kar raha hoon. Tumhi ne to kaha, jaldi clothes change karo humko jaana hai"

"Haan, par mera matlab tha ke washroom mein change karo, yaha mere samna nahi"

"Kyun? Tum meri biwi ho, tumhare samne change karne mein kya sharam. Waise bhi, tum sub kuch to dekh chuki ho", he said while winking.

"Abhi, don't test me" she growled.

"Akshu"

"Thik hai, tum yehi change karo, I'll wait outside".

Abhi quickly grabbed her wrist as she moved to leave the room and pulled her into his chest.

"Akshara, I'm sorry maine tumhara dil dukhaya."

"Abhi"
"I know tumne sirf ek cheez mangi mujhse aur main woh bhi nahi kar paya"

"Abhi main apne liya nahi maang rahi thi. Main maa ke liya tumse baat kar rahi thi. Agar tum dad ko birthday wish karte toh maa ko acha lagta."

"Par Akshu, woh har baar tumhe undermine karte hai, main kaisa unse normally baat karta?"

"Abhi maine unhe hurt kiya taa. Uss din tilak pe aur phir jab main pheli baar Birla house aayi thi, I hurt you and that hurt him. It's understandable that he has a hard time trusting me and my commitment to our relationship." She caressed his face softly and whispered "try to understand him baba".

Abhi clasped his hand with the one Akshara rested on his cheeks and said "Main tumhari insult nahi dekh sakta Akshu, chahe use karne wali koi bhi ho."

mhm, she quickly pecked his lips and when Abhi tried to deepen the kiss, their phones went off. "Yeh phone bhi na, saala galat time pe ring karta" Akshara chuckled upon hearing Abhi's whines. "Change" she ordered before picking up her mother-in-law's call.

"Hain maa, Abhi ki surgery khatam ho gayi aur hum abhi leave kar rahe hain. Aap please Vansh bhaiya ko bola hum jaldi reach karenge. Bye maa"