Chapter 4

Bella's POV

A flash of lightning and a crack of thunder explodes across the night sky. The ship rocks back and forth. The crew runs around the ship trying to keep the ship afloat. Jack sits at the wheel steering the ship "Jack are you crazy this ship is gonna sink" I yell over the roaring wind "The ship can hold love," Jack says looking at his compass "What's put you in such a good mood Cap'n?" Mr. Gibbs asks "We're catching up," Jack says looking at the sea like a crazy man. The storm slowly clears up but it still isn't the greatest weather. I walk over to Will and sit next to him. He is talking with Mr. Gibbs about Jack. "How do we expect to find an island with a compass that doesn't work?" Will asks "Now, lad, just because it doesn't point north don't mean it doesn't work," Gibbs says "That compass gives directions to Isla de Muerta, wherever it may lay." "Really?" Will asks moving closer to Mr. Gibbs "So...what's the story on the pistol?" "Oh, I know," I say and they both turn their heads towards me "Captain Jack Sparrow was the Captain of the Black Pearl," I say "What? He never told me that," Will says glancing at Jack who is still at the wheel "Well, see, Jack was a cartographer, back in Old England. Somehow he got enough money to commission the Pearl. Hired himself a crew, and promised each man an equal share. So, they're forty days out, and his First Mate says, everything's an equal share, that should mean the location of the island, too. So Jack gave them the location. That night, there was a mutiny" I say "How do you remember all that?" Will asks "when you are stuck in a castle for most of your life you learn a lot of things" I say "Land HO! Land HO!" Cotton's parrot squawks "Me, Miss. Smith, and Mr. Turner will go to shore," Jack says getting into a smaller boat. Will starts rowing the boat toward the island. We get to the shore and walk to an opening in the rocks. "There's Elizabeth," I whisper looking at her being surrounded by pirates. Jack starts moving towards her but Will whacks him over the head with an ore "Will!" I yell at him "Sorry Bella but I'm not letting him use me" He says and whacks me too.

"Love wake up," Jack says. I sit up letting my vision adjust to the light "What happened?" I ask "Your friend William Turner hit us both over the head at saved Elizabeth," Jack says. I get up and turn the corner seeing pirates with their guns pointed at us "Parley," I say, and the two pirates in the front look annoyed. Captain Barbossa walked in from the pirates "Kill them both," he says turning around to walk away "Wait!" Jack yells "The woman's blood didn't work, did it?" Barbossa turns to look at us "I know whose blood you need, to end the curse," Jack says "Say the name or I'll slit your throat," Barbossa says "No you won't" I say and one of the pirates holds a sword up to my throat. I see Jack visibly tense. "Allow me the humor of listening to your terms," Barbossa says "Simple. I have something you want more than anything in the world. The way to free you from the curse of the treasure. You have something I want more than anything else in this world" Jack says "The Pearl?" Barbossa laughs "oh, that's fine. And just how is this gonna work?" "You give me the Pearl. Then I tell you who you need" Jack says "That's your offer? You, sailing away nice and pretty with the Black Pearl, and all I have is a name?" Barbossa says " That's right," Jack says glancing at me still being held by the pirate "I'm supposed to, trust you?" Barbossa questions and the pirates laugh "I'm a man of my word," Jack says and the pirates laugh louder "Blast you! I'll throw you in the prison" Barbossa yells at me and Jack "Wait as long as you like." Jacks says looking like he is trying to figure out how to get me out of this "You're setting this up for a double-cross, you with the ship, and me with nothing more but your word!" Barbossa shouts "Let's say I do tell the truth, you become, and you won't come near me because you know I would kill you," Jack says. I can sense Barbossa's hesitation but it soon fades "Pintel set sail. If this fool plan is to work, we'll need the medallion, and that means catching the ship that brought bright them here," Barbossa says and the pirate that was holding me let's go and listens to Barbossa "Wait you don't have the medallion?" I question Barbossa "No that fool woman took it," Barbossa says "Bosun! Set up, Mr. Sparrow and Miss. Smith's quarters, nice and fine in the brig. Make sure they're in separate cells" Barbossa says and the pirates take us down to the brig. They listen to Barbossa and separate us into our own cells. I hear cannons going off in the distance and suddenly there is one blowing a hole in the ship. "Stop blowing holes in my ship!" Jack yells but I'm the only one who hears him. I noticed that the doors to our cells were broken by the silverware that was thrown into the ship. I kick the door open which grabs Jack's attention. As soon as we get on deck pirates grab me and Jack and we are tied to one of the masts on the ship. I realize everyone from the Interceptor is also on the Pearl. "Where's Will," I ask Elizabeth but before she can respond the Interceptor explodes throwing pieces of debris everywhere.