Chapter 8

Written by 

🐺:Okay, I didn't have time to edit this since I'm getting ready for finals-

🐺:I'm sorry, I forgot to post it yesterday so here it is, I normally go through and edit it so I'm really sorry about that. Enjoy!

Yamiji's POV

"Yes ma'am I understand.... But do we have to? I mean Kageyama and Hinata got together pretty easily... Why test Akaashi and Bokuto?"

I try to reason my way out for Akaashi.

The stubborn goddess of love, however, won't back down.

"I'm afraid Yamiji, Akaashi's never been this way right? So let's test if they are going on the right path eh?"

I sigh and give in to her request.

"Yes ma'am."

I take a deep breath as I feel Akaashi's presence behind the door. He knocks.

"May I come in sir?"

"Yes, come in," I called out.

He takes a seat in front of me as I give him a smile.

"I kind of know why you are here."

He sighs.

"I'm sorry sir. I never expected for my feelings to get the better of me. I'll take any punishment for revealing my secrets."

I lean on the desk,

"And if having love for another celestial being means that you have to lose everything?"

He visibly gulps and you can feel the gears in his head running. I hate seeing him this way. Making him choose between the job and passion he has been following for years or the newly found feeling of love.

He finally stops fidgeting as he lets out a sigh, "I don't know why this is happening but I want to break free of the chains with which I have my heart in binds. I done trying to be perfect. I want to live laugh and love. So I'll take that offer. Could you give me two days to move out?"

I sigh, "take your time. Let me know if you need anything." I extend my arm which he shakes firmly.

Akaashi's POV

Four days later.

I sit by the pavement. Taking a deep breath. I've done something which I haven't dreamed of in my worst nightmare. I accepted this job to run away for the nightmares I used to have. My head drops into my lap as I try to shake of the screams.

As the buzz in my ears subside, I hear my phone ringing, "Keiji Akaashi."

"Akaashi where are you???" Bokuto shouted.

"....Bokuto?"

"Yes Akaashi I saw the article. Where are you right now?"

"....On the corner near the coffee shop we went to."

"I'm coming to get you, stay right there." He sounded in a hurry.

"Bokuto you don't have to-"

"I'll be there in ten minutes."

I sighed, "Okay"

I stared at the black screen and smile a little.

I heard the screech of tires as I looked up. He rushed to my side, sat down and asked, "what happened?"

I looked at him as tears started to form in my eyes again. I explained my housing and job situation to him.

He looks at me seriously and goes, "then room with me"

I stare at him dumbfound, ".... What?"

He explained how his roommate had just moved out and he would be more than happy to accommodate me.

The tears that were threatening to spill now were flowing freely. I hugged him tight.

I got in his car thanking him again, the ride was smooth until the car in front swerved almost throwing me off my seat but I felt a tight grip in front of me. Bokuto stopped the car. We were both panting heavily until I noticed Bokuto's arm in front of my chest. "Bokuto?" I questioned. He took his arm back and rubbed the back of his neck, "sorry I did not want you to get hurt." A short girl came up to us to inquire about our well-being. Turns out Bokuto knew the guys. As an apology they offered us dinner. We chatted a bit and then were on our way to my new home.

We made it back without any other accidents. Bo had directed me to all the places in the house he proceeded to ask me about dinner which I declined and asked to borrow a pair od pajamas to crash in. he said his PJs were in the dryer so he gave me other clothes as I took off to my room.

I woke up sweating like crazy. Another nightmare great. I felt lonely. With heavy eyelids and slow steps I walked to the kitchen to grab some water. With the same wobbly steps I walk into a room. There was a source of comfy and a little heat in this room so without hesitation I climbed into the bed and nuzzled into the heat source and soon I was in blissful sleep.