A Night with God

God could sense the anxiousness of the woman travelling to where he was. He knew what she was going to probe him for and didn't exactly have the time or patience for it. Regardless, he made his way back to camp where Adira was found pacing restlessly. She clung to a piece of clothing, chewing on her fingers nervously as her gaze drifted up to the beast.

"Hey..." she breathed out, attempting to control her nerves, "Where did you find these clothes? You said the food and this bag was from a family. Is that a lie?"

God shook his head, not bothering to utter a word. Adira wanted to press for answers, but just couldn't. In fact, she was at the point of giving up entirely. Too much stress was building every day, and with someone as unpredictable as God, bad things were always bound to happen. Whatever happened to Devon surely wasn't good, and whatever was going on with the hanged bodies was surely linked to him...surely, he was unreliable. What was she even doing there? She should have just stayed with Jane and the others. At least it was safer.

Adira silently slipped on the hoodie, making her way to the bag where she remembered a pair of joggers were. She jumped into them as well and made sure the rest of the clothes were secure before swinging the large item over her shoulder. By the looks of the meat she had left over the fire it was all cooked and ready to consume. As she picked up the stick and held it out before her, God intervened.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going on my own from here on out. I'm not going against our deal. As soon as I find them all and you let them live, I'm staying behind and ending it." Adira had made her choice. She would rather be dead than spend the rest of her miserable life with a violent beast. A deal was a deal, and she knew if she even tried to escape God would do something wicked. Therefore she would fulfill her end. The others will go free, and she stays to die.

God stayed silent, wavering from side to side as if holding back what he wanted to say. He watched her every move with upmost concentration, and only spoke again when she seemed ready to leave.

"I don't want you to go."

"Yeah, I know. You just want me around to be your little chew toy." Adira shook her head in disgust, only to be pulled back by a rough claw.

"I won't let you leave. You promised to stay with me tonight and do whatever I demanded."

Adira yanked her arm away, shaking her head with disappointment, "You know nothing about friendship, honesty, or love. You only care about yourself, 'God'."

God grabbed her once more, a little more roughly this time. The bag she was carrying fell to the floor as well as the piece of meat she was saving for later. In an instant, the monster was on top of her, pinning her small wrists to the floor as she gasped in shock. They stayed like that for what seemed like ages, until Adira broke the silence with a timid yet angry voice, "What? You're going to eat me?" She struggled to move her arms, waiting fearfully for whatever was going to happen next.

God felt his heart start to race, and his chest began to rise and fall rapidly. Adira could feel the creatures large hands begin to tremble and loosen, but was too confused on what the hell was happening to pull herself free.

The dark being grunted slightly, quickly raising his hand to his neck as if he was about to choke. Adira was now fearful about what was going on with God. It was like he was having a seizure of some sort and momentarily lost control.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Adira slid away from him, standing up and hovering over the large beast that lay hunched over the floor. His long claws dragged across the dirt, leaving behind deep lines. Adira raised her brows in surprise, and was even more caught off guard when he turned his horned head and looked directly into her eyes.

"You can't leave me, Adira. I'm begging you. It's not fair."

Her heart skipped a beat.

Adira's hand quickly flew to her chest. She took a step back with concern written all over her face as she attempted to process what was going on. There was so much genuine pain in God's distorted voice, and despite how much distrust she had- wait...why was she feeling strange?

The woman swallowed hard, trembling as she patted her face in an attempt to wake herself up. God was now quiet but emitting strange noises that could only be described as crying.

Could a monster really cry?

Adira slowly made her way over to God, resting her shivering hand on his shoulder. Her touch seemed to cause him to stop, and his tense body began to grow more relaxed.

She thought that was the end of it all and the strange feelings that were happening between them were over. It wasn't until God stood back up on his two legs and faced her head on that she realized the both of them hadn't even reached the tip of the iceberg.

Strange sensations took over her body, like she was under some deep spell that made her forget where she was or what was going on around her. All she could see was God- slipping off his jacket and tossing it aside. The fire beside them couldn't reflect his shadowy body, but Adira could still see it all in perfect detail.

Before she knew it, he was directly in front of her, speaking words that faded into echoes in her mind. The world around them warped, and when he placed the palm of his hand against her cheek it was like that time they first touched. Waves of electricity travelled through both their bodies, only to rest and build deep in their guts the closer they got.

"There's no one else who can do this to me. No one who can make me forget what I am. No one but you."

Adira found herself nodding out of nowhere, causing God to bring his face closer to hers. She inhaled sharply, hesitating for a moment once reality came back- but it was only momentary.

His long tongue travelled into her open mouth, causing her insides to turn into butter. She melted into his arms, forming into a puddle as he slowly laid her back down on the floor.

"Why..." Adira whispered, trying to form her words when something hard and large rubbed against her crotch. "Why...is this...happening?"

God couldn't even speak as he slid his hand down to her waistline. He glanced down at his suffocated member- watching as it wiggled underneath his clothing and begged to dominate the woman. His red eyes peered up at her flushed face only momentarily. She quickly looked away, but he climbed over her to get a better look. Lust and enchantment danced in her eyes when they made contact, letting him know she was just as entranced as he was with her.

"You're beautiful," God whispered as he ran his long thumb over her lips, enjoying the way her body responded to his touch.

"I chose you to be mine when I first saw you. Nothing can claim you. Nothing."

Adira cocked her head back, allowing his teeth to graze her neck as her eyes fluttered shut. She could feel him slipping his hand under her hoodie, gently digging into her skin with the tips of his nails. He stopped before he could reach her breasts.

Not yet.

Whispers entered her ears, lulling her unconscious. She could barely open her eyes, but through the slits she saw God standing over her, pulling his jacket back on and popping the collar.

"Not yet, Adira," the stern voice of God travelled inside her, sending chills of pleasure throughout her body, "There's more important things to focus on. Now rest."

And with that Adira fell into a deep slumber.