All Things Come to an End

Conrad pushed up to the surface, holding a still Adira in his arms.

God had begun to step into the lake when he noticed the sight...and the woman the beast was furiously holding on to. It took him a moment to register she wasn't like that because of Conrad, though he was ready to pounce and rip the creature to pieces.

No, she had sacrificed herself to end Conrad's bloodlust and rampage. It was only when he realized he was in the water did part of his memory come back. He remembered a pool him, Kevin, and Mitch were all in one summer. He had drifted to the deep end, lost his grip and submerged into the bottom. If it wasn't for Mitch keeping an eye out, he would have drowned.

Conrad struggled to keep himself afloat as he steadily lifted Adira's head above the waves, offering her to a rather stiff God.

God himself was at a lost for words, and as he tenderly took the corpse of the woman he loved, a deep, horrible feeling in his chest began to spread. His claws trembled as they hovered over Adira's closed eyes, and when he brought them both to the surface he collapsed onto the ground.

A gut wrenching scream of frustration escaped his gaping mouth as he brought the woman close to his chest, shaking her to try and get her to wake up.

Conrad slowly made his way to land, his lidless eyes filling with water as he began to remember everything about who he was. He knew God had absorbed Mitch, knew Kevin had been eaten by him and haunted him day and night though he never knew who he was until that moment.

And now, he knew Adira had come to save them all. Only, she had killed herself in the process. She had killed herself to save them, though it wasn't the way she probably imagined.

In his monstrous mindset, Conrad knew of God and his tendency for violence. He even challenged him, slaughtering every living human and stringing them up like it was some show of power. Now, Conrad saw a different side of the creature.

The horned, black being was a mess. His large arms could swallow the woman in his grasp, but he was so tender and sweet. It was a side Conrad never knew existed.

God felt tears trickle down his face- heavy, bloody tears he never knew he possessed. He was so confident, so careless about humans, and now that Adira- a human- was gone, the pain was unbearable. Whether it was Mitch, or himself, or both combined, God could feel the frustration and darkness building up inside him as he slowly looked up.

He could smell them.

The cult who had destroyed his life, Conrad and Kevin's life, and now because of those whores- Adira's life as well.

God turned behind him, eyeing Conrad with silence as the distant sound of twigs snapping grew louder. Conrad looked deep into God's eyes, and the two with their telepathic thoughts agreed on a single resolution.

It was time.

God tenderly placed Adira to one side, taking both her and Mitch's lockets. He gently placed them in his pocket and stood up, puffing his chest as a group of woman began to come into view.

There were about 20, with Jane herself joining them in the front. She suppressed a gasp not only when she laid eyes on God and Conrad, but upon seeing Adira's lifeless body.

Her dagger like stare directly landed on God, who only shook his head when he noticed the woman was seemingly accusing him. She unintentionally covered her mouth as tears fell down her face, and from behind a steady hand landed on her shoulder.

It was Mother Mary making her way towards God, followed by Devon who was alive and well. She had been brainwashed by the cult after being traumatized the night she saw God. In her weak mindset they influenced her to join them, but what they didn't realize was she was starting to regain her sanity.

God approached her one day when she had attempted to escape. She had her clothes with her, as well as food and water. Despite being utterly horrified of the massive creature, he merely looked at her, grabbed her items, and disappeared. She was afraid he would inform the others somehow of her betrayal and sneakily returned back to the the cult. They didn't seem to even know she was a traitor, and she stayed, hoping for another opportunity to leave. It was only when she witnessed Jane walking into their territory did she realize what she had to do.

Despite not speaking a word to Jane since she joined their cult, the two women would exchange glances. They had a plan to leave, but all they could do for now was wait.

"Forgive us for intruding upon you!" Mother Mary bowed as the other women, hidden under dark cloaks, did the same. God didn't even bother to acknowledge the act, his fingers twitching and his eyes glowing brighter.

"We understand...that there has been some complications," Mother Mary approached God even closer, glancing only for a second at a dead Adira. God hated the way she dismissed her body, like it was garbage, but he had to control himself.

"We didn't want you to know where you came from, because then visions will return. God, you are more than man. His thought are only there because you took his life. He is not you, you are much better than any human!" The deranged woman got down on her knees, her silky cloak laid out around her.

"You were brought into this world to bring judgement against those who have wronged this land. Our great Samael watches your every move and expects you to obey. He has not had an offering as of late."

God only momentarily looked away, realizing his attention to his duty had been blocked by other more important matters.

He would continue to protect the forest, after all, the animals were innocent. But he didn't mind shedding the blood of those who weren't particularly important.

Mother Mary and her cult had served its purpose, he could hear Samael telling him. He could do with them as he saw fit.

And as of that moment, Gods deep desire to spill blood resurfaced.

Jane fumbled with something underneath her cloak, dropping the black cape immediately and revealing her rifle. She had managed to find it hiding behind an old well and snuck it out when the cult was getting together. With all her strength, she threw it directly at God who snatched it in mid air.

He looked it over, marveling at a weapon that felt so familiar. Mitch had once shot something like it, and it didn't seem right to put such a good gun to waste.

"You're right," God spoke as he reloaded the weapon. All the women present were too confused to do anything to Jane, who immediately grabbed Devon and ran towards God and Conrad.

They both hid a bit far off, but directly behind them, watching the chaos unfold with eagerness.

"What are you doing?!" Mother Mary froze, looking up at the beast as he shoved the weapon directly into her open mouth.

"It's Hunting Season, Mother. And I have my eyes on big game..."