Day 8: Leviathan

Sans and Papyrus knew all Leviathans, had they created every one of them. That's why they were surprised when they heard rumors of a giant sea serpent for thousands of years. There were even people who included this snake in their mythologies.

The land dwellers called this creature the Midgard Serpent. And as far as Sans and Papyrus could tell, the definition fitted. A snake that can wrap itself around the world fitted when they saw the mer behind myth.

An unknown leviathan, so powerful that even his surroundings bend to his mood. And yet somehow not a Leviathan, they hadn't created him. Even the sea had been unsure of this non-Leviathan, watching him in silence. There was a title for this Leviathan that the Mers whispered.

The Chaos Bringer.

This non-Leviathan quickly became another horror story, a bedtime story for young Mers like the others were. And Sans and Papyrus couldn't help but keep an eye on this non-Leviathan, curious about this novelty. He calmed the strife between their creations in a way they found more than amusing. And it didn't stop there. After the non-Leviathan came six otherworldly sharks, along with two other mer that would come and go as they pleased. But each of them seemed related to the non-Leviathan. It almost made Sans and Papyrus want to return to the sea, even if they couldn't yet.

They couldn't wait to meet him.