Day 16: Storm + Day 17: Ship + Day 18: Pearl

Kelp was a fan of storms. Not only did he have the sea to himself during this time, but people also asked fewer questions when people disappeared on sea.

Also, it was a great time to go hunting.

Easily, Kelp found a ship too damaged from the storm to safely come back to shore. And luckily for him there were still humans on board! So he lay in wait, waiting for his prey to make a mistake. It wasn't long before one of the humans was close enough to the railing that Kelp saw it as the perfect opportunity. With a jerk, Kelp shot out of the water and pulled the human under the water. Before he could defend himself too much, Kelp sank his teeth into the human's throat and ripped out a good chunk. He swallowed it with a hum. While others would call him insane, Kelpies mostly ate humans. And Kelp had tried other methods before, but these never really satisfied his hunger.

However, the remaining humans were soon all devoured. Actually, Kelp should be going home now so his kids don't have to worry. But the ship began to sink and Kelp wanted to search in it. Maybe he would find something for his partners there?

So Kelp impatiently swam around the sinking ship until it finally sank to the bottom. It took a while, but in the end the ship had sunk to the bottom of the sea and Kelp was free to explore. And he found a lot! There were some interesting books there, which unfortunately were now unusable. There were also some bizarre pictures here and there. What caught his attention, however, was a small jewelry box. Curious, he opened the box and found the perfect gift. There was a long string of pearls in there. It was long enough to fit Horror around the tail multiple times. It was perfect!

Satisfied with his find, Kelp made his way home, having taken a pearl earring with him that Dust can certainly wear as a piercing. His partners would definitely look very pretty wearing it!