Day 10: Selkie

"Thanks for so many of you being able to come on such short notice." Geno began, standing in front of a large group of Selkies. The volume died down in the crowd as everyone turned their attention to Geno. As soon as it was quiet, Geno started talking again. "A crime was committed against one of our kind."

Kris walked over to Geno after dropping Remmy next to Blue and Goth. Some of the other selkies gasped when they saw Kris standing in front of them. For an outsider it would be no different, but for the selkies? For them, it practically screamed in their faces.

Kris missed his fur.

"How did you lose it?!" asked one of the selkies, an eared seal, enraged, frowning. It was clear the selkie wasn't angry at Kris but at whoever had stolen the fur of such a young selkie.

Kris sighed softly and rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know exactly who it was. I was fishing at sea with my father when from somewhere a bony hand with a hole in the middle ripped my fur from me. And it was out of range faster than I could react.”

"That greedy old man!" snarled an angry old scarred walrus selkie. The selkie was missing part of its left tusk. "A large skeletal monster with floating hands also tried to steal my fur. I was lucky to be able to fade quickly.”

"Yeah, that happened to me too!" interjected a Largha Seal Selkie. "I was lucky to be among several people, so I was able to avoid it quickly."

And more and more Selkies spoke up, telling about their experience with the big skeletal monster with the floating hands. It quickly became apparent that this monster was a threat to the selkie community. A threat that must be eliminated.

"I think we can all agree that this monster must be eliminated." Geno's grin was bloodthirsty, calling for this monster's death. And the rest of the selkies happily agreed loudly.