00

00: Raspberry Caramel Macchiato for the Ex-girlfriend)

[ LEE AREUM ]

"Areum, gosh! You are working too hard! You need to chill!"

When I heard that familiar high-pitched voice, my fingers automatically stopped typing. Elle, my closest coworker, rested her arms on my desk. She slammed the lid shut on my laptop, causing me to frown, "I am not yet done with my work, Elle."

"You look like Kung Fu Panda already." I glared at her but she just laughed, "But you're still pretty, though."

I shook my head and opened the laptop again, "I need to finish this today so I don't have to work this weekend."

She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah. I get it, but it's break time- ah! I almost forgot to tell you!" She snapped her fingers as her eyes widened a little, as if she just remembered something important, "The cafe across this building is already open."

I raised a brow, "And?"

"And we need to go! The cafe looks very interesting. The owner, too..." She pursed her lips and squealed.

I twitched my lips and looked away, "Fine, but we'll be back right away."

Her smiled widened and nodded repeatedly, "Okay! Let's go!"

She yanked my arm from my cubicle and dragged me out. While we were walking, she interlaced her arm with mine. I locked my gaze on her before laughing. Elle's bright and upbeat personality is something I really admire from time to time.

"I am curious, though." My brows shot up when she started talking, "You are a Lee. You can be promoted without dropping a single sweat. You just need to talk with your cousin, have a deal and then you can be one of the directors! Simple as that!"

I smirked and averted my gaze. I pushed the up button of the elevator the moment we stopped in front of it, "Heeseung isn't like that. He won't be easy, Elle. Before he became the chairman, he first experienced the lowest position of the company despite being the heir, because he doesn't want his success to be a privilege. He wanted to earn it... and I want it that way, too."

That's why Lee Heeseung deserves everything he has right now. Despite his status, he proved to everyone that he is capable of anything. He worked so hard and showed us that success isn't just given, and I wanted to be like him as well.

Elle wasn't able to say something. Her mouth remained open, she just got interrupted when the bell rang, "Dang... tell your cousin to marry me."

I laughed, "He's married."

Her lips pouted, "Okay. You marry me, instead."

"Sure, baby. I'll buy the ring later." We both laughed and entered the lift.

"Kidding aside. He's seriously married? When? How? By whom?"