02

02 : Jina

[ LEE AREUM ]

"You're welcome." Park Sunghoon winked at me before shifting his eyes to Jaehyuk. Parkville High, our school, is owned by his family. I begged him to let the administrators stay quiet about what happened so it won't reach to Jaehyuk's family.

I heard how Jake sighed aggressively. We are currently inside the Principal's office, minus the Principal herself. My cousin, whom I am not even close to, raised a brow at me.

I squinted my nose and looked away.

Why are they all here, by the way?

"So... what's your relationship with him?" Park Jongseong, being the nosy one as he usually is, asked after a long moment of silence.

The humble-looking girl with specs, who I believe is named Kwon Nara, tapped his arm— signaling him to shut his mouth. Jay just coolly shrugged his shoulders before leaning his back on the couch.

"Let's go, Jaehyuk." I pat him before standing up. My eyes laid at the student council president one more time. He icily looked at me, eyes were devoid of any emotion. I rolled my eyes at him before leaving the office.

"Hey, calm down, okay? Sunghoon already made sure to keep them quiet." I assured Jaehyuk when I noticed that he still seemed nervous. "Your family won't know, don't worry."

"And... uh..." I added and bit my lower lip as I looked down to the ground— heaving an exaggerated sigh, "I'm sorry. This is all my fault."

He shook his head, "I am partially at fault. You don't have to blame yourself, Areum."

I parted my lips for a smile and playfully hit his back. I was about to say words to him when my eyes caught something from afar— a group of girls who were seemingly dragging a girl to the comfort room.

It seemed forced. I don't know.

"Hey, Jaehyuk. I have to pee. You can go back to the classroom without me." I told him without giving him an eye. My senses were focused to the silent commotion at the comfort room from afar.

I started walking towards them. I have a slight feeling that they were bullying the girl, and my guts eventually got right when I tried twisting the doorknob and it was locked.

A mixed of sob and laughs were heard from the inside.

I knocked at the door, "Open this. I need to pee."

The door opened, revealing a younger-looking girl with a full face makeup. Her skirts was short like mine, and the first two buttons of her shirt is opened. "Go pee at the othe—"

I pushed her and walked inside the comfort room. My eyes wandered around to look for the girl they were dragging earlier. I couldn't find her.

I clenched my jaw and and looked at them one by one, rage were evident in their eyes. I looked at their name tags and found out that they were still in middle school— probably, 2 years younger than me.

"Where did you hide her?" I sternly said.

The three girls looked at each other before raising their brows, "Who?"

I closed my eyes to calm myself down. I then glared at them before opening the cubicles. My moves slowed down when I stood in front the last cubicle. I knocked first before slowly opening it.

I swallowed hard when I saw her hugging her knees on top of the closed toilet bowl. She was silently crying.

"Come here..." I gently said as I offered my hand to her. She hesitantly grabbed my hand. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and fixed her hair.

The three girls crossed their arms while leaning at the sink, "Oh, the loser finally found an ally."

"You, three, get out of here before I call the student council president." Fear immediately crossed their eyes.

"The president... you mean... Sim Jaeyun?" One girl muttered under her breath.

"Who else is the president here?" I sarcastically said.

"I heard he punishes rule breakers mercilessly..." The other one whispered. Fear crossed their eyes once again. They nudged each other before shamelessly leaving the comfort room without even apologizing to the girl they bullied.

Punishes rule breakers mercilessly, you say? I smirked.

"T-thank you..." My attention went to the poor girl. She was still lowering her head while fidgeting with her fingers. I sighed and tried fixing her dirty uniform, this is probably done by those bullies.

"That was easy, my dear. You just have to mention the sc president and you're done. You know... everyone fears him."

I saw a ghost of a smile on her lips when she raised her head, "Thank you. I will try to do that next time."

I smirked, "What's your name?"

She swallowed hard, as if she's hesitating to tell me her name, but eventually opened her mouth to talk, "Jina... Sim..."