01

01 : Wicked Game (You Will Never Win)

[ LEE AREUM ]

"The supreme student government is coming here!" I almost choked when Jaehyuk suddenly stood up. He was holding his phone while repeatedly reading a text message, "Fuck this."

I continuously pat my chest while coughing. Jaehyuk looked at me worriedly, "Are you okay?"

"Do I fucking look okay?" I said before giving him a death glare, "What do you mean they're coming here?"

He pursed his lips before showing me a text message,

"Jaehyuk, I heard the ssg is going to inspect the entire school today. Tell Areum. If you're in the hideout, better leave right now."

I clicked my tongue before throwing my cigarette away. I grabbed the bottle of beer and chugged the remaining liquid before eyeing my other friends, "What are you waiting for? Stand up and go back to your classrooms."

They all groaned. Jaehyuk nodded as well and encouraged them to go back to their classrooms. I followed them with my gaze until they completely went out of my sight.

Jaehyuk tapped my shoulder, "I will clean this mess alone. Go back to your classroom as well."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and started cleaning our mess. I was not expecting those fuckers to inspect the entire school today. Why does it have to be now?

"Shit! Shit!" I cursed under my breath when I heard footsteps coming to our direction. The other side is a dead end, while the other side is where the sound is coming from. We're basically doomed, unless we'll jump from the rooftop and die.

"Areum, what are we gonna do?" Jaehyuk's starting to tremble. He started to bite his nails, anxious of the possible outcome of this mess. If this reaches the school office, then there's no doubt that our family will know about this, and that's what Jaehyuk is most afraid of.

For his parents to know what he's doing.

"Dad will beat me again..." He whispered as he started to roam his eyes around.

Huge guilt crept onto me. Jaehyuk was a good student. He's one of those outstanding students who always gets excellent grades, but then, he started pursuing me... me who doesn't even give a damn about those numbers.

I am suddenly thinking this is all my fault. That I was the one who dragged him into this mess.

I deeply heaved a sigh. The sound of the creaking, almost broken door made my heart skip a bit. The sound of the footstep is getting nearer. I held Jaehyuk's shoulder and tried comforting him.

"Yoon. Lee." A familiar voice filled my ears. Fuck. Out of all those fucking student council members, why does it have to be him?

"Let him go. I'd do the detention alone, if there is." I said in an arrogant tone as I slowly turned around to face him. His cold stares immediately sent chills down my spine. His face remained looking stiff, yet his eyes... I could slowly notice the amusement in his eyes.

"Your other friends were caught, already. All of you are going to be punished..." His eyes shifted from mine to the empty bottles and cigarette box on the floor, "... for violating the school rules and regulations."

What the hell? I thought all of them, aside from us, were able to escape! Damn this!

"C-can't you just let them go, please? I'd accept any kind of punishment. Just let them go."

He just stared at me blankly for a couple of seconds before fixing his glasses. He eyed Jaehyuk and pointed the door behind him with his thumb, "Out."

I lifted my head. Jaehyuk's forehead creased, probably confused and at the same time suspicious because the student council president isn't always like this.

He's strict and won't just let any school violence slide.

Jaehyuk held my arm and started dragging me with him, but then, my other arm was caught by someone.

"Where are you taking her?" His voice thunders as his grip on me tightened. I slightly hissed and wanted to curse him out loud.

"Areum is going with me—"

"Areum will stay here with me." He cut off Jaehyuk. I gritted my teeth and tried removing Jaehyuk's hand on my arm.

"Go on. Don't worry about me. Just think of your father's reaction once he finds out." His grip on me slowly loosened. I nodded at him and smiled before he started walking away.

I sighed and faced the guy I am left with. He tilted his head as he traveled his eyes on my body. It stopped on my chest. He immediately looked away and faked a cough, "Fix your uniform. Fucking button it."

The corner of my lips slowly rose. I buttoned my shirt just like what he said, "Done."

He clenched his jaw before looking at me again. I stared back at him and raised a brow. I wasn't expecting him to suddenly smile. It wasn't just a smile! It was evil... and wicked.

He took a step forward, making me step back. He kept on walking towards me, so I just kept on taking a step backwards, until my back reaches the stainless railings.

I gulped and almost didn't breathe when he started to lock me in between his arms. His face was already a few inches from mine yet he suddenly drew it even closer. His lips almost touched my ears, "Any kind of punishment will do, huh? Are you sure about that, Areum?"

I gritted my teeth and low key heaved a sigh. So, he wants to play. Sure.

The wickedness within me started to activate. I raised a brow and slightly pushed his shoulder, "Anything will do, Mr. President. Should we settle the punishment in a way that you want? Or in a way... that I really, really want."

The playful look on his face immediately disappeared, as if the words I said affected him.

The grin on my face widened and widened, until a chuckle escaped my lips.

Sim Jaeyun... in this game... you will never win.