04

[ LEE AREUM ]

"The thing is, Ms. Lee..." I raised a brow when I lowkey noticed the chemistry teacher fidgeting with her fingers, "I would like to apologize."

"I wasn't thinking right. I apologize for humiliating you in front of your classmates," I made a face when she held both of my hands. I looked around the faculty when she almost knelt, "Please don't tell this to your family. I know how influential you are. If... If... the higher ups will know about this, I will be removed from my job immediately. So please, Ms. Lee... I beg you."

I almost scoffed. People are really unexpected in many ways, eh? Where did all her guts earlier go? I slowly removed my hands from her grip and looked at her without a single emotion, "Don't worry, I also don't want my father to know I've been humiliated in front of his associates' children. Do you have anything to tell me other than that?"

She shook her head immediately. I sighed and nodded, "I'll take my leave, then."

I clenched my fist as I walked outside the faculty. Really. The reason why she was apologizing was not because she sincerely felt sorry to me, but because of her fear to lose her job. I just really can't believe people sometimes.

"Oh? Sim Jina?" I halted when I saw her just right in front of the faculty's doorway. She slightly smiled and waved her hand.

"H-Hi. I thought I saw you when I passed by to submit my assignment. I was just making sure." My forehead creased when I noticed that she couldn't make an eye contact.

"Ah, that. I just received some... scolding." I scratched my nape and awkwardly laughed. Jina seems to be an overachiever student with a clean record. It's a bit embarrassing to admit this in front of her.

Her eyes widened a bit. I saw a hint of concern in it, "Really? Are you okay?"

I nodded and chuckled, "Yup! It's really not of a big deal."

My forehead creased once again when her mouth opened a bit. As if there's something she wants to tell me, "Jina? Do you have anything to tell me?"

She nervously gulped as she played the strap of her backpack. "Uh... we were tasked to do some project..."

I glanced sideways, "Oh... haha... I am really not an academic person, you know, so... I don't think I can be of help."

She shook her head, "We were tasked to interview a senior high school student. I don't know anyone else except for my sibling."

My brows shot up. I nodded to signal her to continue talking.

"But, we're quite distant and I don't know how to approach him. We don't talk all the time, and he's always busy, so..." She bit her lower lip and looked at me.

"Just what kind of bastard is your sibling to treat you differently? Do you want me to teach him a lesson? What is his name?"

She immediately shook her head, "No, you misunderstood! It's not that he treats me differently. In fact, he always makes sure I feel comfortable all the time. However, I really can't have the will to approach him. I feel like... my sibling is way too out of my league. I sometimes... feel bad that I am his sister."

I stared at her for a while before giving her a genuine smile, "Interview, you say? Where should we make it? Here?"

"The deadline will be on next week so it's okay. There's still a lot of time. We can make the—"

"No, I want it now. I'm bored. Should we go to your house?"

I raised a brow when I saw her astonished face. It made me chuckle. "But before that, let's have a snack. Do you eat street foods?"

Her face was almost as if she saw a ghost. Oh, right. She must be an elite.

"I haven't try it, yet. My parents don't allow us to eat those kind of foods."

I smirked, "There's nothing wrong with that, Jana. You just need to pick a proper and clean stall. I know one. Shall we?"

Her mouth widened a bit, she then pursed her lips and nodded, "Okay... I will inform our driver..."

I smiled in satisfaction. I grabbed my big bike keys from my pocket and waved it in front of her face,  "Let's go!"