The consequence

Addison's POV

After leaving our apartment, I go down to the parking lot and get in my car. There I let my tears run down my face, it hurts so much. She was the love of my life, someone I picture building a family with.

After a good few minutes of crying session, I gather myself together because I can't let my personal life get in the way of achieving my dream to become one of the best surgeons in this country. I retouch my face and started the car, I was so delayed for my class with Dr. Webber but I held my head high still come into his class. All eyes were on me but I went to my seat, Dr. Webber resume his discussion.

I tried to pay attention to him but my mind kept hearing Meredith's moan unaware of my tears running down my cheeks, then I heard my name being called. I gaze at that person calling me when I see it was Dr. Webber, his eyes are full of concern.

Since I started med school, Dr. Webber become my mentor and a father figure. We've been very close throughout the years, when I sense that my life is facing obstacles he is the person I run to get advice, especially when Meredith and I having problems.

I aggressively wipe my tears away and stands up "yes Dr. Webber" without saying a word just by looking into his eyes there's a question that lingers. "Are you okay?" I just nodded.

"Okay Dr. Montgomery, we are talking about uterine transplant. Tell me what is the benefit of using a deceased uterus donor versus a live one?" That's what I like about Richard, even though I'm his favorite student he did not give me special treatment when it comes to education and surgeries. It's always been a fair game so what I gained in the duration of my med school year I've earned every single one of them without cheating.

"Ahem.. because of the large vessels.. of the cadaver" I stuttered answering his question, it was an easy question I got no problem with that it's just I have a problem in a speech right now "can be used.."

"What's happening Montgomery you don't know the answer?" Someone at the back stated I know very well who that is, everyone in the class including Richard was intrigued at what was happening.

I ignore her snide, it wasn't the right time and place to respond to her trolling. I took a deep breath and clear my throat "because the large vessels of the cadaver can be used for the anastomoses simplifying the procedure"

"Very good Dr. Montgomery, good thing one of you knew the answer to that simple question," he said out loud but looking directly at Saddie she'd been asked the same question yet she didn't have the answer

"I bet she had a first hand on the topics that will be discussed today" I was about to answer when the door opened catching all the attention and Meredith walked into the room.

We made eye contact before I find it sweet causing butterflies in my stomach. every time she enter the room, she look around to find me but now after what happened all I feel was hatred and anger.

"Oh sorry honey, I won't stoop down to your level. I know the answer because I studied last night about the topics Dr. Webber gave us last week for us to be prepared for today's discussion. You would know that if once you listen to what the lecturer told you to do and not cheat you're way in this profession" after my speech no one dared to talk, Meredith froze in her spot when she came in and Saddie thank God shut her mouth.

"Okay that's enough you may take your seat Dr. Montgomery" I nodded and obey "Dr. Grey, thank you for your appearance in my class but you shouldn't bother because I will dismiss you guys early today"

"I'm sorry Dr. Webber"

"Class dismissed" he announced and left

I pick up my things and hurried to get out of there because seeing Meredith and Saddie in the same room was suffocating me, people in the room can tell that there was something wrong between Meredith and me. Before we were inseparable, always the happy couple, we even won the cutest couple one time. So people are wondering why the golden couple seems to have a problem, Meredith tried to approach me but I brush her off.