Three years Later

Addison's POV

"So we're going to do the surgery tomorrow afternoon, do you have any questions or concerns  about the procedure?"

"None so far Dr. Montgomery, you explained it very well"

"Okay then, if you have any concerns you can ask a nurse to page me or Dr. Smith to address it okay" the patient nodded in response, my and my intern for today left the room.

I was standing at the nurse's station taking notes and reviewing my patient's chart when Owen our chief of surgery come into my vision.

"There's my star, how are you doing Addison?" That's new he wasn't usually this cheerful in the morning, it got me suspicious.

"What do you want?"

"Geez fall out on the wrong side of the bed? Cant I greet my star surgeon?"

"I doubt you being this cheerful this morning without ulterior motive, better speak now or I'll walk away because I have a lot of patients to see"

"You know I'm your boss," he said trying to intimidate me.

I lower my prescription glasses on the tip of my nose and look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You don't scare me, now better speak up"

"You are Satan, aren't you. Nonetheless, I have a new surgeon-" I cut him off

"And why am I being involved in this? So what if you have a new surgeon?" I'm getting irritated and it's not even ten o'clock in the morning.

"As I was saying, I have a nee surgeon" he repeated sarcastically "I want you to tour her around the hospital and tell her the policies"

"Why me? Isn't that you're job. You hire this person you entertain her"

"Because you're the Chief of residency and you must tour newcomers"

"Tour newcomers? Are we in high school where the student body president roams around familiarizing the new kid?"

"Basically yes, and we are in high school. I'm the principal and my job is to pass to you the obligation to do the job I don't want to do"

I take a deep breath to restrain myself from not killing this man in front of me.

"If I could kill, trust me Owen right now you're on the top of the list"

"You love me"

"Unfortunately, now where is this new surgeon of yours, and what department?" I said closing the chart and giving it to the nurse, putting all my attention on Owen.

"She'll be in the general surgeon, she was from Boston I think"

"You hired someone and you're not sure where they're from?" I teased "what a great Chief"

"Shut up, Oh she's here. Dr. Meredith Grey, I would like you to meet my favorite resident and Chief resident Dr. Addison Montgomery"

Hearing her name again after three long years, is this a sick joke? Whoever ever did this fuck them. I turn around and there she is, the woman I've been trying to forget. She got more beautiful, God I missed her so much.

She extended her hand to offer a handshake, I was contemplating whether to accept it or not because it has been so long since I touched her but I'm an adult and so is she so I accepted the handshake.

"Nice to meet the famous Dr. Addison Montgomery in the flesh"

"Same goes to you too Dr. Grey" I hurriedly pull my hand away from her, now the warmth of hers is gone and I miss it already.