Thorns between two roses

Addison's POV

After 36 hrs.  hell of duty and more than 10 hours in the O.R I can leave this hospital and have some nice relaxing bubble bath, I'm going into the resident's locker to change when I see Meredith is in there too.

I'm less uncomfortable when she's around unlike the first time she arrived, I guess we are civil in a way besides when she and Kai are in the same room. Good thing earlier in the O.R delivering the quints, they remain professional and put their differences aside. I open my locker when I heard Meredith speak.

"Good job today" she started

"Thanks, you too" I shortly said

"Addie, I know we have a lot of baggage in the past-"

"Meredith, what are you doing?" I interrupt her

"Can you let me finish.. please" I nod

"But here I am, standing in front of you in an as nonromantic way as possible. I would do it in a more romantic setup, but I don't think I'd have enough courage as I have now to say this to you. When I saw you operate in that case, it takes me back to when we just imagine the future and how will our major surgery be. I'm rambling I know just- just bear with me okay." I nod again

"Addie you're choice is simple, her or me. I'm sure she's amazing, but I love you. I still love you even after all these years, seeing you again made me confirm what I feel about you. So pick me, choose me, love me" she said her eyes were watery but this confession out of the blue made me speechless, I had no idea what to say or do. What I feel for her and Kai is still undefined, she waits for me to answer but I cannot comprehend what's happening.

"I'll be at Joe's tonight, so if you choose me and have our second chance meet me there. You're the love of my life, no one can replace your place. Think about it"

She finished her speech and approach me our faces are in from each other, she place her hand on my cheek. God, I miss her touch, I lean in more against her hand as my body reacts to her touch she looks at me in the eyes and slowly approaches my lips. It has been so long since I felt her lips on mine, it's still soft and tender, I close my eyes and so is she treasuring the moment we are having. It took a minute or two until we parted our lips, she backed away from me, gather her things, and left the locker room, I was stunned at what was happening I stay frozen in my spot.

When I regain myself, I change to my street clothes and when I exited the room I see Kai leaning on the wall with a new set of scrubs, probably going to an O.R or has been. Looks like she's waiting for me, probably wants to talk but I had enough talk for one day all I wanna do is sink my body in a nice warm bath.

"Hey, you were great today" pushing herself off the wall

"Thanks, you too" arranging my things

"Adds can we talk?"

I let out a sigh "I had enough talk today Kai"

"It won't take long I promise" I nodded and proceed to walk out of the hospital due to hospital staff lingering around, at least in the parking lot we can talk without others hearing because it's late at night.

"Talk" I encourage her, leaning my back on the side of the car while she stands in front of me

"Ahem.. how can I start this" she let out an awkward laugh "you already know that I'm in love with you and I try not to pressure you to make a decision. And I know you still have feelings for you're ex and that ex was Meredith, now she's here. I notice also that she's trying to win you back, I won't say bad things about her. I'm not that kind of person, but I would like to try to have a place in your heart that she doesn't occupy yet. So if you choose me, I'd be the happiest woman alive and I wouldn't promise you anything, you will see it in my actions because promises are meant to be broken as they say" she placed a tender kiss on my lips, it was different with Meredith. I've known Meredith longer, I've tasted, and touched them, and something about Meredith is always familiar to me. But with Kai, I can't explain it's something new, even though we have been flirting and having sex not very often it's still new to me.