Cat Bee

*Insert VHS tape*

*VHS tape plays*

There's a big sale unlike any other next week in the Playtime Co. toy factory. Specifically the gift shop. There's a sale event called Black Friday. Two more days later and it will be Cyber Monday. Most of the toys are going to be on sale. That includes the mascot toys. The remaining mascot toys are Poppy Playtime, Boogie Bot, PJ Pugapillar, Cat Bee, and the Long Legs family. No limited edition toys this time.
"Geez. How many more sales are there going to be?" Cat Bee asked. "They are all insane."
"Not to mention every time there's a sale in the gift shop," Daddy Long Legs added in. "there is always a large group of people coming in to purchase one of our own."
"Need I remind you," Poppy growled, "that NOT all of us mascot toys were taken in ONE DAY!"
It was true. Not all of the mascot toys have been taken in one day. From the start on opening day, Bunzo Bunny was the first mascot toy to be purchased. As the days progressed, more toys have been getting purchased. Huggy Wuggy was the second to go; followed by his other half Kissy Missy, Daisy the Flower and recently Candy Cat. It was on Halloween when it happened.
Throughout those days, the mascot toys felt like they are finally going insane.
All toys had a feeling on this sale, more toys will be purchased. Maybe one of them again. After all, when it comes to sales; the gift shop gets very busy.
"Well, maybe that won't be possible with us—" Boogie Bot started to say.
"Boogie Bot; STOP!" Mommy Long Legs shouted. "Do you not understand what is even happening? There's nothing positive about this situation. It's horrible. Something bad could've happened to the others!"
"But—" Boogie Bot tried again.
"You heard Mommy." Daddy Long Legs shouted. "We don't want to hear it."
At that moment Baby Long Legs started crying again. The crying from Baby Long Legs has been coming more and more frequent as months after the grand opening of the gift shop pass by. Nowadays it's been getting harder to calm the little baby spider toy down. Scratch that; it was even more harder than at the start!
"Oh look at what you've done now Boogie Bot!" Mommy shrieked. "My son is crying again!"
"Wha—?" Boogie Bot asked in shock. "I didn't even do anything!"
"Save it!" Daddy shouted. "We don't want to hear it! End of story!"
The two spider parents attempt to calm down their baby once more while Boogie Bot grumbles to himself.
"These incompetent toys." Boogie Bot whispers. "They will get the karma they deserve as long as they remain in their prisons."
Boogie Bot glanced at the clock above the gift shop doors. It reads 12:58 pm.
"Two hours and two minutes left. Just two hours and two minutes left before they all get their karma."

At exactly 3:10 in the afternoon when school was done for the children. All arguing, shouting, and crying from the mascot toys have ceased to silence at this point. And good timing too because at that moment all the children with their parents entered the gift shop in once again a big crowd. At this point would anyone be surprised? It was like a sort of curfew to the live mascot toys. Then again none of them except Boogie Bot know what curfew even is. How funny is that? Among those children entering the gift shop is Allison West; the child who had taken five of the mascot toys already. Looks like she's going to get her sixth today.
Does Alice West love the Playtime Co. toys THAT much? More specifically the mascot toys?
If she's heading that for that very same aisle again, then the answer would be yes.
This time the mascot toys have something different on their minds. The majority is hoping that Boogie Bot is the next to go this time. As for Boogie Bot it was hard to choose which toy is going next, but he hopes one of them gets their karma like he vowed.
Alice started tracing her fingers on the boxes slowly to feel the textures. More slow than usual. She started with Poppy Playtime, then the Long Legs Family, and then Boogie Bot. None of these toys were taken.
Next were the plushies. First it was PJ Pugapillar and Cat Bee. The two toys glanced at each other in worry. To them, they're on the block here today.
Did Alice make her choice again?
She takes a plushie off the shelf. The mascot toys bit their lower lips (there's no way Boogie Bot even has one) to suppress a gasp both of fear again and excitement for one.
Cat Bee is the next toy gone. Looks like Boogie Bot was right. One of those toys is getting their karma.
And they got their karma today.
'YES YES YES!' Boogie Bot thought with happiness. 'It may not be any of the Long Legs freaks, but Cat Bee is good enough for me!'
Cat Bee did not take this well. She was starting to tear up in fear of being purchased like the others. The others who experienced the same fate. Once she was purchased, Alice and her parents were gone from the gift shop and had taken Cat Bee with them.
"I don't think the father is working today." Boogie Bot whispered to himself.
And Boogie Bot smiled to himself as the rest of the busy day goes by without any further disturbances.

*VHS tape ends*

Thought I could make it for over 1000 words at least. I don't think I got there. Must be because I'm lacking inspiration sadly.😢
Oh well; be grateful this book gets an update!!