The Long Legs Family

*Insert VHS tape*

*VHS tape plays*

It was December 23rd at 11:30 pm at night. The Playtime Co. gift shop was closed long ago and all the remaining mascot toys are asleep; getting as comfortable as they can be inside their boxes or prisons; either work. The only toys that were awake though are Poppy Playtime and Mommy Long Legs. Poppy couldn't sleep at all. She had been tossing and turning, but her eyes wouldn't shut. So she just remained in her position in the box waiting for the sun to come up. Mommy couldn't sleep as well. She looked at her husband and baby son worriedly. To her, this could possibly not be the best Christmas this year. This was even supposed to be Baby Long Legs' second Christmas. Mommy sighs and remembers her son's first Christmas. Daddy Long Legs dressed up as Santa and Mommy dressed up as an elf, and their son loved it. They would hand him out presents, Christmas cookies, and just spend all day with him. It would be the best Christmas ever for the Long Legs Family. Mommy smiled at the memory. If no one was stuck in boxes and getting purchased away from the gift shop and the factory itself, then it'll be another peaceful Christmas. Everyone would be doing their own things to celebrate the holidays.
Mommy was snapped out of her thought when she saw Poppy also awake. She seems to be lost in thought as well. Mommy would shout at Poppy, but didn't since she doesn't want to wake everyone up and cause trouble. So she kept silent until Poppy notices her. Unless...that's when Mommy decides to wave slowly to at least catch Poppy's attention. That should at least do something.
Poppy just kept staring off into space until she looked up to see Mommy waving. 'She couldn't sleep as well?' Poppy thought. The doll looked at her surroundings. How will she communicate with Mommy without waking up the other toys. She could try shaking the box, but it might be a bit loud. She could push the box, but the box could possibly fall down to the ground with a loud thud. She sees Mommy moving her hands, but she couldn't understand her. She sighed and just tried to go back to sleep.
Mommy growled softly as she saw Poppy about to try to fall asleep. The spider mom was trying to talk to her via sign language, but it clearly didn't work. Mommy gave up and tried to fall asleep as well.
Nothing worked.
It was early the next morning; Christmas Eve morning. The 4 toys yawned and attempted to stretch in the cramped space. They had slept really well. Mommy and Poppy unfortunately did not sleep at all.
"Morning everyone." Daddy greeted. "Did anyone sleep alright?"
The two toys said yes. Baby's response is a happy coo. Mommy and Poppy just groaned.
Daddy turned to his wife. "No sleep huh honey?"
"No." Mommy mumbled.
"Too many thoughts..." Poppy groaned. She leaned her head back against the box.
"That's a big yikes." Bron pointed out.
"You THINK?!" Poppy shouted.
"Hey guys," Daddy called out. "can we cease the arguing for today? It's Christmas Eve, and we can't ruin it with the time we have."
Everyone gasped. Daddy Long Legs was right. It is Christmas Eve. It was supposed to be a time of happiness. It would've been tomorrow, but with the shop being crowded very early on, they need the time they have left to make this another happy holiday before things go boom. Everyone sighed.
"You're right honey." Mommy agreed. She turned to her son and moved her arm so her hand can mess with Baby's little hair. "And I'm sorry that our holiday has to be like this sweetie. Next year Mommy will make it up to you."
Baby Long Legs just giggled and cooed as he moved his arms to grab Mommy's. He snuggled up to it and the spider parents smiled. The others awed at this heartwarming moment.
"And the others that were bought are missing this." Bron whispered to himself.
Shortly after that, the gift shop door opens and a HUGE crowd stormed in. The Christmas Eve craziness has begun for the mascot toys. Instead of children inside as well, the shoppers appear to be only adults. They had purchased toys to give to their children for Christmas. Many many boxes were taken. The limited edition and the mascot toys (not the live ones pretending) were those many boxes to be exact. To the six mascot toys' relief, no one was taken.
Then one certain mother did. One that the toys recognize. It was Allison West's mother. Not just her though; there's an elderly woman alongside her. She has white hair,wrinkles on her face, and she appears to be walking with a cane.
"Oh well now what do we have here?" the old lady asked.
"Well, you're granddaughter loves the toys from the Playtime Co. toys and has been collecting them all lately," the younger woman explained. "so I figured a few more toys this year for Christmas will make her happy."
"Alright. Let's have a look here."
With that, the two women stepped into the middle aisle looking at each toy as they walk past them. The elder woman stopped and looked at the Long Legs Family. She turns to the other woman.
"Hey Becca, come over here." the elder woman said.
Becca — Alice's mother — walked over to the woman. "Yes mother?" she asked.
"I think she would love this little family. It reminds me of those days where it was just the three of us. Me, you, and your father. Back as our young selves." Becca's mother smiled. "I think she would love them."
Becca smiled. "They do seem like a nice toy family. Alright then, let's buy those toys for her."
Becca and her mother took the Long Legs Family boxes off the shelf, and the other three toys softly gasp. A family is being bought from the gift shop, and on Christmas Eve. After being purchased from the checkout (and it took a long while because the line was really long), the two women left the shop with the Long Legs Family. There are three more live mascot toys left. After that, no other of those three were bought. It was just the non-live toys and the limited edition.

*VHS tape ends*