Boogie Bot

*Insert VHS tape*

*VHS tape plays*

A whole month passed without any mascot toys taken ever since what happened to the Long Legs Family on Christmas Eve. The Playtime Co. gift shop was less busy at the time, and there weren't much children around. January started off calmly and smoothly. At least that's what the three remaining toys in the center aisle think.
There are three remaining toys in the center aisle (also known as the mascot toy aisle) now. They are Poppy Playtime, Bron the Dinosaur, and Boogie Bot. Things have been quiet with them lately. Not much to talk about anyway. Whenever they wanted to bring something up, they just kept their mouths shut. They think no subject to talk about would be worth the interest. One thing the three can agree on is that they've been really lucky lately. What the toys did to make sure they don't get purchased — or have their luck rise up — is well...many ways really. Bron clenches his eyes shut, Poppy kept her fingers crossed, and Boogie Bot began whispering to himself as if he's praying. To their surprise, those methods worked.
That was January; now enter February.
The day was February 8th. There were Valentines Day decorations all over the gift shop now courtesy of the Playtime Co. staff. When Bron saw these decorations, he finally figured it'd be a good subject to talk about. He cleared his throat.
"Hey guys!" Bron called out. Poppy and Boogie Bot turned to the red and yellow toy dinosaur. "Have you seen all this pink and red around us?"
Poppy and Boogie Bot took a look at their surroundings to see that Bron was right. Everywhere is all red and pink. Heck, there are even heart decorations and pictures of the mascot toys (mainly couple pictures) kissing or dressing up as angels shooting arrows that "make others fall in love".
"I do." Poppy answered. She turned to Boogie Bot. "Hey Boogie, any idea what this all is?"
Boogie Bot thought for a moment, then he got an answer. "I do. Ever heard of Valentines Day?"
Poppy snapped her fingers. "Right. I completely forgot about it. The humans have mentioned this before." she exclaimed.
Bron gagged as he remembers the holiday as well. "Eww. Is it that holiday where the lovebirds get together and kiss while the single people just cry in a corner?" he asks.
"Then why ask me what Valentines Day is?" he asks, but then tried to smack his head. Hence the fact that he tried; he couldn't. "Oh shoot! I wouldn't blame any of you for forgetting. I even forgot myself too. I think we've been all too wrapped up with all this craziness going on here with the imprisonment of these boxes and the losses of our friends...and Bunzo."
"And Bron," Poppy said, turning to Bron. "why jog our memories like that? Are you not happy about being single?"
Bron scoffed. "I never said that. I prefer to be single by choice thank you very much. Unlike any other guys, I don't need a lady." He smiled confidently after he said that.
Poppy and Boogie Bot glanced at each other. Playtime Co. should really make a female dinosaur toy; just to see Bron's reaction. It could maybe change his perspective of Valentines Day. That would be interesting to see. If only someone from the company could share that with the big boss Elliot Ludwig.
February 14th came. It was a Saturday, and it was Valentines Day. You may think it was going to be just another non-busy day, but there's actually a sale on that day. There are limited edition Valentines Day toys, and many children once again went crazy over them. One child in particular returned to her usual aisle to pick up a toy. She looked a little sad while staring at the few bucks in her hand. That child was once again Allison West. The mascot toys were surprised. They haven't seen this child in a while; a long while in fact. The toys then grew curious. Why does this child look so sad? Alice let out a sigh.
"A lonely Valentines Day for me." Alice said to herself. "I don't blame anyone though. My friends have other plans today and my parents are working. At least they're nice enough to give me money for another toy to make up for it today. Let's see who's next in my collection."
Instead of feeling fear, the three mascot toys felt bad for the little girl. They glanced at each other, and made up their minds. One of them would be okay with being taken off the shelf this time. After all, they are toys. And toys would make any child feel better whenever they feel sad. Alice then looked at their boxes, and even pressed the "try me" button on Boogie Bot. Some music plays, and Poppy's and Bron's eyes widened in surprise. They never heard music coming from Boogie Bot before. This was news to them. Their surprise turned to satisfaction when they saw Alice smiling. When the music turned off, Alice played it again. Looks like Alice found her next toy.
"You're gonna hang out with me on Valentines Day Boogie Bot!" Alice exclaimed as she took the box out of the shelf. "Let's go!"
She walked to the checkout and used her money to purchase Boogie Bot. Then she happily skipped away to leave the gift shop. Instead of money in her hands, she has Boogie Bot.
"Well, at least she's happy again." Bron whispered.
Poppy smiled at Bron, but looked away when she finds out she and Bron are the only two toys left.

*VHS tape ends*