Chapter 7- I Imprinted? {EDITED}

EDITED.

        "Can I at least have a hint?" I asked for the millionth time, nearly tripping over something that I couldn't see.

        "You'll find out when you get there, now stop complaining," Embry said while guiding me to wherever he was taking me.

        "Okay, just one more question. Was it necessary to blindfold me?" I asked.

        "Yes, because then it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?" He answered and I just chuckled and shook my head at him.

        I continued walking forward until my foot got caught on something and I lost my balance. Embry quickly caught me before I fell. "Sorry, there's a log there," He said surprising laughter in his voice.

        "That would've been good advice a couple of seconds ago," I said, playfully punching his shoulder. Well, at least I thought it was his shoulder.

        We walked for what seemed like hours. I occasionally stumbled over some things which Embry apologized for after. I also tried peaking through the blindfold but every time my hands were just inch away from my face, Embry would grab them and put them back down.

        "Alright, you can take your blindfold off," He said.

        I took off the blindfold and was greeted by the view of a small meadow that was surrounded by the forest. It had purple and yellow flowers blooming every square inch. It was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't help it when my mouth gaped open like a fish.

        "Embry, this is beautiful-," I stopped mid sentence when I spotted his hand holding a picnic basket. "Since when did you have that?"

        He ignored my question and plopped the picnic basket down on the ground and pulled out a blanket from inside it. He spread out the blanket and set the picnic basket on top of it. "I hid it in the car and got it out when you were blindfolded," he said with a smirk.

        "Wow, you're sneaky and like to blindfold people. You would make one good rapist," I said and he laughed.

        We ate the sandwiches and chips that Embry packed for us and laughed the entire time. It was great not having anyone around to bother us, no interruptions of Jared and Paul's lame attempts of flirting with me.

        I was throwing grapes into Emby's mouth when his voice interrupted me. "Taylor?" He said. 

        I looked up at him, and I swore that was the first time I ever looked him directly in the eyes. His eyes were so beautiful. They were a soft caramel color the melted into a darker brown; but then, it was like the time had stopped.

      The noises of animals and insects disappeared and it seemed as if it was just Embry and I and nothing else. I saw him in my past memories, like my whole life evolved around him. I saw him in the future with me, happy as we could ever be. My heart thudding against my chest and I just starred at him, not knowing what to say or do.

        His lips moved but I couldn't make out any sound coming from them. Something was happening to me, and I knew what it was but I couldn't remember the word for it. Embry told me about it when we were discussing the history of the Quileute Tribe.

        "Taylor, did you just-," I cut him off by crushing my lips onto his.

        He kissed me back and I entangled my hands into his short hair, we lasted like that for a short time before he broke the kiss and stared into my eyes.  "Don't blow off my question, this is serious," he said, his voice taking on a whole new tone. "Did you just imprint . . . on me?"