Chapter 16

THANK YOU ALL FOR WAITING SO LONG AND KEPT ASKING ME TO UPDATE I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND I KNOW THIS ISN'T A PROPER SENTENCE AND I AM ON CAP LOCK RAGE BUT THANK YOU SO HERE IS CHAPTER 16 I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT:

____________________________________________

I woke with the feel of familiar fabric against my near fully exposed skin. I didn't remember how I got home last night, or how I managed to change into my pajamas, but here I am. In a thin, purple cotton tank top and fluffy pink pajama shorts, on top of my soft bed sheets on my bed.

I assumed Embry changed me and put me into my bed. I would've been creep out if anyone else did it, but with Embry I don't mind at all.

I rolled over to my side, opening my eyes and letting them adjust to the dim light that floods my room from my closed window before checking my bedside clock. 7:04 the clock read in bright, red letters. I moaned at how early in the morning it was, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to get back asleep.

It's 2014 now, it's time a for a fresh start. 

I slipped on my fuzzy slippers and put on a bra under my tank top, not bothering to change into normal clothes. I groggily walked downstairs and into the kitchen to retrieve the ingredients I plan on using to make breakfast for the members of this household.

Why not kick of a fresh start with making food for everyone? But, I would make damn sure that they wouldn't expect me cooking for them often. I'm not going to be their bitch.

* * *

I had the table set up with utensils and the food on plates and drinks already poured in cups. After living with all the boys and Emily for a while, I knew exactly what drinks to pour. They can figure out which one belongs to them once they get down here.

The first one downstairs in the dining room is Emily, which didn't surprise me. She's usually the one up first and making the breakfast and just seeing the reaction on her face when she found food already on the table is priceless.

"Taylor, you didn't have to-" She began but I cut her off before she could finish.

"It was no problem, after all them times you cooked for me- it was the least I could do," I dismissed her protest.

She started digging into the breakfast, hungry clouding her eyes. Usually the guys eat most of the food before she's able to get a hold of anything, which is usually just burnt pieces of bacon or overly runny eggs. But this time she grabbed all the good stuff.

As she was practically inhaling her food, one by one the boys joined in on the meal and the only boy missing was Embry.

I wasn't very hungry and there was no way I was going to be able to get some food through the thick hands clawing their way to the good made food. 

I leaned against the wall next to the kitchen counter, watching as the boys consumed their food in a matter of seconds, to oblivious to realize I'm missing and Emily had already eaten which was very unusual. A tap on my shoulder made me jump half a mile.

Ever since the occurrence with coming face to face with Macy again while fighting the newborns, I've been on edge thinking that whenever someone touches me it's her coming back from the dead and seeking revenge for me killing her. But it's not her. It's Embry holding a bouquet of red roses.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," he says, giving me one of his boyish smiles that he knew made my knees go weak. 

I smiled back at him, planting a quick kiss on his cheek. "You got me flowers?" I asked while eyeing the beautiful bouquet that he held in his hand.