~ch. 15: Free the dwarf, and you will get it

❤︎
Tatsuo's pov

they're closer now, I think to myself, growing excited to meet bilbo. He seems like a nice fellow. Kind and brave. I hear the commotion and the voice of Legolas. I tilt my head and stand up, letting myself transform into a human. A shapeshifter, so I look like a human only with my dragon charetriciser and fairer. I walk towards the palace gate, seeing that some elves, including legoals and tauriel, are ready to go out. I sink into the shadows and watch them, listing to their talk. "the spiders have caught some trespassers," I hear tauriel say to legoals as the prince fastens his sword and bow. I wince. So the company of thorin oeakenshild has been caught? I think and growl. Those spiders are going to get it soon. I stay quiet as legos leave and link back to my ledge.

❤︎

✩A/N✩

Wrapped up in webs, the dwarves dangle down from tree branches. Several giant spiders creep around them, whispering to each other. One particular spider tows a web-encased Bilbotowards, the dwarves. As the spider feels him up, Bilboslowly begins to awake. He looks up through the webs, startled. Bilbo manages to swing his sword, cutting through both the web and the spider. The creature howls in pain, staggering backward. It goes flying off of the branch, dead. Bilbo rips off the web cocoon and rises. He sees the dwarves and the spiders surrounding them. Carefully, Bilbo creeps behind a tree trunk and slips on his Ring.  Once again, he is transported into the blurry Ring World—the spiders' whispering echos around him.

"Kill them, kill them now!"

"Eat them now, wet and runny."

"Their hide is tough! There's good juice inside!"

"Stick it again! Stick it again! Finish it off!" The spiders approach Gloin, wrapped in his web-cacoon. He springs to life, kicking against the glossy webs. He can't do much. "Ah! The meat's alive and kicking!" one hiss. All of the spiders take up the chant, circling the dwarf. Bilbo steps forward and grabs a piece of wood from the trees. He throws it into the woods below. The spiders perk up, distracted. They all rush together towards the source of the noise. "What is it? What is it? Kill it!Feast!" they snarl. One spider stays behind, preparing to eat Gloin. The dwarf kicks and wails against the spider. "Fat and juicy! Just a little taste!" Invisible, Bilbo sneaks up and strikes his sword against the spider's rear. The spider spins around and hisses, but Bilbostill hacks away at the creature. "Curses! Where is it? Where is it?" With a grin, Bilbo slips off the Ring. "Here," he says and drives his sword into the spider's head. It whimpers, "It stings! Stings! Stings!"

Bilbo pulls out his sword, sending the spidercrashing to the ground. Bilbo examines his sword. "Sting. That's a good name," he mutters and then  looks to where the other dwarves are wrapped up.  "Sting." Bilbo walks forward, using Sting to cut down the dwarves from their branches.  They land on the forest floor and rip off their wrappings, cursing and yelling. Fili emerges from his cacoon, panicked. "Where's Bilbo? " he yells, and Bilbo peers down at the dwarves, waving. "I'm up here!" Suddenly, a spider jumps at Bilbo from underneath the branch.  The hobbit falls backward, and the spider pins him to the ground. Bilbo raises his sword and stabs the spider through the belly. The spider begins to fall off the branch. Entangled in its legs, Bilbo falls with it, screaming. As they fall, the Ring slips out of Bilbo's grasp. He lands on the leaf-covered ground  and begins to search for the Ring, desperate. 

The dwarves begin to rush out of their web cacoons, brandishing weapons. Dozen of spiders  approach the Company. They hiss and snarl as they creep forward. The dwarves begin to hack away at the army of spiders: left and right, they deadfall to the ground. Oin has been knocked to the base by one spider. It looms over him, ready to feast. "Grab a leg!" Dwalin calls, and he  leads the others towards the spider. Each dwarf grabs one or two legs and pulls. The legs plop off of the spider's body. Dismembered, the spider falls on top of Oin, dead. Further off, Bilbo continues to search for teh RIng. He seems greatly distressed. Panicked. "Where is it? Where is it? Where is it? " he mumbles and suddenly  freezes. Slowly, Bilbo looks over his shoulder.  The Ring lies on the nearby ground, unstained and untarnished by the mud and dirt.