The Genesis

It was a very cold morning....maybe because it was late June and the climate conditions that month was unfavorable. I couldn't even get up to make myself a coffee. It was like a lazy Sunday, only that it was a Wednesday and I had to get to work by 7:30 sharp.....being a detective at the DC police department, also known as the DCPD.

My name is Detective Marcus Ross, or as people call me... Detective Ross. I am a 32 year old Italian man, standing at 6'2 with black hair and a partial goatee. I grew up in Venice, Italy with my dad. Anthony Ross, and my brothers, Kingsley, Tony, and Daniel Ross. I was told that my mum died in a mafia war when I was Three. Shocking right? How can the son of mafia bosses become a police officer? Well.....let's just say that I'm a little bit of both.

I am also a member of an Italian mafia, called Red Man Syndicate. It is one of the most powerful, and most feared mafia, in all of Italy. My father is the mafia leader.

*Phone rings*

"Marcus!! Come to work now"
As you can guess, that's my partner, Miss Zina Davidson.
She's a little bit bossy.
"I'm on my way honey" I said with a smirk on my face. "Don't get too cocky" she said while trying to hide her laugh.

After hanging up, I quickly took a shower before throwing on the worst possible combination of clothes. I jumped into my black Honda Accord and drove to my office at 767 Olive St.
As I entered the building, I was welcomed by a familiar face. A 5'7 African-American woman who I call honey. She dragged me by the ear to our office.

"What's up honey?" I said while rubbing her cheek. "I really despise you honey" she said while slapping my hand off her cheek. "There is a new mafia on our radar" she said with a serious tone. "The name of the Mafia  is Red Man Syndicate, and they are going to pay for kidnapping the mayor's daughter" she said while arranging files on her desk

I know what you think, I am a member of the Mafia, and I will help them escape the police. Well I'm not sure of that.

At the moment, I'm not really in the mafia. My dad sent me away cause I refused to kill my friend and other people but that's not important......... what's important is the fact that my department is going after my family, and that's messed up.

I don't know how to put this.........my dad is a psycho, he once used an umbrella to scoop out an enemy's kidney. He has eaten a live featus just to prove that he is manly. He cut two of my toes off to teach me to be fierce. Then he didn't even hold a funeral for my mum cause he thought she wasn't bold enough. I'm pretty sure you are feeling sorry for me right now.

I'm not concerned about my department finding out that I'm a member of the Mafia, I'm concerned about my mafia doing something really bad to my department or my partner.

My partner is the only female left in my life. She's like my mother and my sister combined. I can't let anything happen to her.

"Are we sure we want to be messing with mafias, I'm pretty sure the FBI has this under control" I told her with a concerned look." Yes Marcus, and it's final.....we are taking on the Red Man Case" she said before exiting.

I don't know how I will convince her to let this case go, but I have to before this gets out of hand.

Did I forget to mention that my brothers are not members of the Mafia, cause that's a whole different story. I guess my dad thought I wouldn't be successful so he just decided to ruin my teen years by forcing me to attend mafia training.

Well, I guess it's time to use my master detective skills and my mafia skills to avoid any form of unecessary violence.

Thanks for reading guys.
Chapter two is coming out soon.