Lullabies

Rose woke up the next morning confused as to why she was in a strange room. After a few seconds she remember yesterday's events. She couldn't help but smile at remembering.

She got dressed quickly. She put on a long sleeve blue and black striped shirt, with black ripped jeans. She wanted to look somewhat nice for the family.

She went downstairs to the kitchen. On her way there she smelled pancakes and eggs. This only made her more excited.

"Good morning," Lily said once she noticed Rose had came down. "Would you like some breakfast?"

"Yes, please" Rose answered.

James was sitting at the table reading the daily profit. Harry was stuffing his face with pancakes like he hasn't eaten in weeks.

"Morning" James said looking up from the profit giving her a smile.

"Good morning."

"So, Rose me and James was thinking that we should do something today." Lily told the girl.

"Like what?"

"Well we were thinking something to bond to welcome you into the family." James answered.

"Uh well I wasn't thinking of doing much. More just to get to know each other." Rose looked down while answering.

"That's fine. I just want to get to know my new sister more." Harry told her.

"Yeah, that's sounds fine," James smile at the kids. Seeing her husband smiling only made Lily smile more.

"Maybe tonight we could invite Sirius and Remus and watch a movie together," Harry suggested.

"That's sounds great," Rose was smiling so much her face was starting to hurt.

"And ice cream?" James made huge puppy dog eyes to Lily.

"Sure," she answered rolling her eyes with a smile.

~~~

After a few hours it was almost lunch. The family were watching movies and goofing around. After the movie was over they started to ask some questions about each other.

"So Rose, how long have you been in the orphanage?" Lily asked.

"Oh um since I was three years old, so about twelve years." She said looking down.

"Oh, you poor thing." Quickly getting up Lily hugged the girl tightly.

"Anyways," James quickly changed the topic noticing Rose uncomfortable face. "What is your favorite movie?"

"I gotta say the Lion King."

"Mine too!" Harry said excitedly.

After that Rose and Harry chatted amongst each other, while James and Lily were smiling at the kids happy that they are getting along.

~~~

It was about nine o'clock Sirius and Remus came a few hours early for dinner and a movie. They were watching Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back.

All of a sudden the house phone started to ring. (A/N they live in the muggle world just to make that clear.) James got up and answered.

"Alright we'll be there soon, ok bye." He hung up walking back to the group. "Hey Rose Reg is having a hard time getting two kids to fall asleep. He says they want a lullaby, but the ones he gives them they won't listen."

"Oh I know what they want, I'll go help him." She answered.

"Alright let's go," he turned to the rest of the group telling them they'll be back.

~~~

Once they made it to the orphanage, Rose knew exactly who wanted the lullaby. She made it up to the room seeing Reg talk to the kids.

It was Rebecca and Sabrina, they always loved the lullabies Rose would sing to them.

"You know I can't keep coming back here to give you both a lullaby," she walked into the room. "Looks like Regulus needs to learn the lullaby."

Regulus got up giver the teenager a nod before walking out the room. He stayed in the doorway waiting to hear her sing the lullaby.

Rose tucked in the girls and kissed both of them on the head before singing The Hanging Tree. Regulus was shocked of not only noticing how good she was but at the song.

Once she was done singing it the lullaby, both girls were fast asleep. She turned around and got up to leave.

Rose noticed Reg shocked face. "Is everything okay?" She asked him.

"How do you know that song?" He asked her. But before she could answered he went on, "that's an old pure blood lullaby, only pure bloods know that song."

Rose tensed trying to come up with a story to come up with. "Well I remember the song since I was younger." She quickly lied.

She rushed back to James ready to get out of there. She knew that her reaction only made her more suspicious.

Regulus just stared at the girl trying to figure out who she truly was. He knew the puzzle was almost complete but he didn't quite have all the pieces.

Once Rose got home she went to her room getting ready for bed. She stared at her locket before falling asleep.