Family Time

It was early January. Rose was released from the hospital a few days ago. She couldn't be much happier. Though she will have appointments due to cancer, but they are wizards so it isn't has bad as it is for muggles.

At this moment Harry and Rose are having a very important debate. Their parents would call it an argument.

"Harry obviously sand taste better than mud, mud is like pudding not that much texture." Rose explained to her brother.

"You're wrong. Mud is better. It can come in different ways, like mud pie or mud cake. All sand can be is just plan sand nothing special." Harry fired back.

Both siblings were sitting in the living room, while the parents in the kitchen ignored them.

"DAD" the son shouted "WHAT IS BETTER SAND OR MUD?"

James sighed and and shouted "ROCKS ARE BETTER THAN BOTH OF THEM."

"THAT WAS SO NOT HELPFUL" Rose shouted.

Stuff like this has been going on since Rose was released. There was no doubt that they were siblings.

Even though it has been months, they still haven't found the last few death eaters. The family chose to ignore the matter for now and just spin time together.

Hogwarts was on Christmas break, it will be starting back in three more days and they were no where near ready.

At around five thirty the family started the game night. Remus and Sirius had already came with their arms full of games, food, and drinks. No time was being wasted.

"Go fish."

"Pluck two."

"Uno."

Rose looked at Harry. "What are we even playing?"

"I don't know anymore. I was lost at what I think is two rounds ago but, I'm confused."

"I don't understand. Dad, Padfoot, and Moony are playing this like it's a normal game."

"Kids, believe it or not this is how they always played in Hogwarts." Lily said to her children.

"How?!" They both questioned in shock.

"Still till this day I have no idea."

"You don't have to about us like we are not here you know." Sirius pointed out.

"We know. We just choose to ignore you all." Lily answered for the three of them.

"Well that's just rude." James responded.

~~~

"Oh, come on." Sirius sighed in frustration.

"Sorry, but I'm just too good." Rose flicked her hair.

"How though? You're like 15 and you know how to play poker better than we do." Remus pointed out.

"What can I say? I know people." And with that they moved on to another game.

~~~

"Uno." Harry said.

"I QUIT" James shouted. "HOW CAN MY OWN CHILDREN BE BETTER THAN ME?!"

"That is something that will permanently bruise his ego." Remus said to Sirius.

"I'm starting to think this was a mistake." Lily said after awhile.

~~~

It was past midnight when they decided to pack it up and call it a night. Harry was passed out on the floor using a pillow as a blanket.

Sirius and Remus were leaning on each other barely able to stay awake.

Rose was laying on the couch with her head on Lily's lap and legs on James lap.

As for the two parents, they were still wide awake having small talk.

"I love this." Lily said.

"What do you mean?" James questioned.

"Our family."

"Yeah. It is great."

"We finally have the missing part of the puzzle."

"Yep and it was right under our noses the whole time."

"I'm glad we have our daughter back. I just hate that we weren't the ones who raised her." Lily looked down at her daughter. She looked so peaceful. "If we had done a different idea, maybe we could of been there for her."

"Lily we did what we thought was right. We had no idea that Bellatrix and other death eaters would go after the Longbottoms."

By this point Lily had already shredded a tear. "I know. I just wish things didn't happen the way they did."

James grabbed his wife's hand and gave it a small squeeze. "Well now we got her back. We can make up the time we weren't there with now."

"You're right."

"I know, cause I'm always right."

Lily let go of his hand and playfully hit him. He gave a laugh in return.

~~~

After the parents moment, James got up and put Rose to bed. He gave her a kiss on the head and did the same with Harry except for the kids. Both him and Lily decided to leave Sirius and Remus where they were.

Lily went to her children bedrooms and gave both of them a kiss on the head muttering a small 'goodnight'.

She went to her's and James room smiling.

Her family was whole again.