A Rat?

Everything was fine. The Potter family was happy. Everyone was happy.

That all changed the day before the day they went back to Hogwarts.

James Potter was reading the daily profit. The more he read the he got angry. He should of known base off of the front page it was bad, but that was only part of it.

The front of the page was his ex friend. The one who not only betrayed him, but his whole family. The one he hope who would stayed in Azkaban for the rest of his life.

The name was Peter Pettigrew. Or known as Wormtail. The one who sold the family out to Voldemort.

James slams the daily profit down glaring daggers at it. He just wanted his family to be safe, and with Pettigrew running it'll be hard.

Lily was looking at her husband with a sad expression. She saw what the front page said, she couldn't possibly know what James is feeling.

Rose and Harry were eating breakfast and talking about what they were going to do when they get back to Hogwarts. They had no idea what was going on.

Sirius suddenly came into the house with an angry face. The glare he was giving could make you want to dig your own grave.

"HAVE YOU SEEN THE DAILY PROFIT!?" He shouted walking towards James and Lily.

The two children looked at them confused. What could possibly have him so angry. James looked at his brother figure then at his wife and finally the kids.

James rubs his face and sighs. He looks at the children then said "kids could you go into your rooms."

The kids looked as if they didn't want to go but went instead. Harry went to his room giving the girl a smile even if he was confused. Rose return the smile.

Rose went to her room and decided to read one of her books. She heard yelling downstairs and someone else come in. She figured it was Remus.

They were yelling for another thirty minutes before things quieted down. She didn't know if she could come down or not.

Harry was listening to the yelling. He couldn't understand what they were exactly saying but caught a few things. Such as kids, Peter Pettigrew, safe, his and Rose name.

James was hugging his wife who was on the verge of crying. She didn't want her children to get hurt with a murderer on the lose.

Sirius was glaring at daily profit hoping it wasn't true. That it's all a dream and he will wake up and it will all go away.

Remus was looking down at his hands wonder what they were going to do with Peter running around. He wanted to keep a closer eye on all the children at Hogwarts, especially Harry and Rose.

James was scared that the children were going to get hurt or worse killed. He couldn't let that happen to them or his friends.

James called the children down, and not to long after the kids came down. He looked at the children with a angry and sad expression.

"I need to tell you both something," he started. The two children listen carefully. "Someone has broken out of Azkaban. He will most likely be after the family. I need you both to be very careful."

The kids were shock Azkaban was supposed to keep all the evil wizards locked up. Finding out that someone broken out made the scared and worried.

"Who?" Rose asked looking at James.

"Peter Pettigrew." Rose eyes widen along with Harry's. "He is a traitor to this family and he most likely wants revenge on us. No matter what you do don't trust any rats."

Now Rose was completely confused. Why did she need to look out for a rat. Noticing her confused looked Remus spoke up.

"He is an animagus. He is a rat and with him being an animagus it's dangerous for everyone."

Rose nodded and looked at Harry who looked scared at what was going on.

After a few hours Remus and Sirius left. Lily sat down next to her son who gave her a side hug instantly. James did the same thing but with Rose.

Outside the house, a man who looked like a rat was watching the family. He had an evil smile looking at the people who messed up his life. He was going to get his revenge. He may not have his leader anymore but it won't stop.

After awhile he left, plotting his revenge. All he needs is some back up. He knew exactly who to get the only problem was how.

A/N  I might be writing a bit less due to exams and work I'll try my best to get some chapters in but the updates might be slow. Love y'all and have a great day or night.