Chapter 13: I'm Not A Fucking Child

Narrator's POV:

After Stu sent those texts, he immediately called Hannibal. 

The cannibal wearily picked up the phone waiting for the barrage of insults.

" Hello?"

" Don't give me that shit Hannibal, what exactly is your angle here? To hurt phantom for something they couldn't control?" 

" It would almost seem as though you're going soft."

" Fuck off, that's not true. I just don't need you drawing unwanted attention to us when we're already in a vulnerable spot. Billy agrees with me."

" That's not all there is to it, hm?"

Stu almost ended the call right there, but he tried his best to remain calm.

" I have no idea what the hell you're talking about."

On the other side of the phone the therapist smirked. 

" Sure you don't. For your information it's not in my interest to kill Y/n."

" Y/n?"

" That's phantom's true name. Anyway, as I was saying, it's not my intention to kill y/n, on the contrary I think they could be useful to us."

" Useful..? They're a person you sick fuck, not an experiment."

" Yes Stu, useful. They could gather information on people for us, even if they resist, they'll make a decent meal."

" You're not eating them."

" And you say you don't care for them, you're a terrible liar."

The younger man went quiet.

" If you so much as lay a hand on them Hannibal, I'll kill you myself, consequences be damned." 

Stu's POV:

Anger flashes through me, but I force myself to calm down. I force a smile on my face, and head into the main living area. 

" Jesus Stu, what's with your face?"

I stop the forced smile, shoulders dropping. 

" It's nothing Billy, just Hannibal being an ass."

He hums in acknowledgement. 

" Yeah, he's a pain sometimes."

There was silence for a moment, before Billy continues.

" Look Stu, I don't know what's going on with this phantom person, but if you're risking our cover for someone you don't even know, I'm gonna have to kill you."

I laugh uncomfortably for a moment before noticing that Billy isn't joining in.

" You're serious?"

He says nothing, not making eye contact.

" You're serious." I laugh in shock. " What is with everyone thinking I'm going soft? I know exactly what I got into, and I'm not a fucking child."

" The others just think-"

" Fuck the others. I'm a killer for fucks sake. If you think you can kill me, by all means go ahead."

I head to the front door slowly, partly waiting for Billy to stop me.

" Stu where are you going."

" Out."

" Stu, if someone sees you-"

I slammed the door shut behind me. I can hear Billy yelling after me, but I continue forward.