iii. the splitter analysis

record screeches Moonlight to show the way so we can follow

Calloused hands rumble with the browned sheets that covered the tilted mirror, as Steven fidgetily ripped it off of it, in the interim the gift shop-ist soon busied himself in tightening his somewhat crimson tie against the front and top of his collar.

Waiting inside her eyes was my tomorrow

His browned hair remained tussled and untidy against his head as he steadily looked at his figure and outfit's reflection in the lop-sided mirror seeing and mumbling an 'alright' Soon he twirled to a three slit-ed mirror on the other side of his beige wall.

Then somethin' changed her mind,
her kisses told me

He deject-fully nodded his head at himself as he heaved an unsure sigh,

"You look like a knob" he declared to himself before stripping the almost black blazer off of his torso.

I had no lovin' arms to..record screeches

  "This is for you"

  "This is for you"

Steven's silken soft voice burred through the moving morning bus as he offered Nina a miniatured and pink metallic box.

The florist's brows furrowed naturally in a taint of confusion as a warmly shy smile drew around the edges of her flushed lips. The flushness only seemed to dampen into a brightening red blush when she found wrapped chocolate inside the heart-shaped metal box.

"I-I wanted to get you flowers" Steven confessed, "But I figured you'd find them pretty dry seeing that you sell 'em and all"

"Steven this is-," Nina continued to plaster the same warmed smile "very thoughtful...thank you"

The British man in turn returned a dopey smile, matching that of Nina as they continued their shared bus journey. It had been almost a week since Steven had fallen asleep on the woman's shoulder, and it had been almost a week since the duo had become each other's travel companions on their daily journey to their respective jobs.