vi. the other guy

Fists crunched and thumped as it collided with the darkened and corps-y figure of the wailing jackal

Fists crunched and thumped as it collided with the darkened and corps-y figure of the wailing jackal. The ricochet of the blows and hits seemed to only be drowned by the hair rising, screechy groaned yelps and growls of the previously wailing jackal. The vision was very hazy, it was a blurred daze but there still brood the commotion of the ordeal had taken place.

And just like that the hollow structured doe eyes of Steven Grant opened up with a jolt, a head thumping and a sickening gasp drawled out as the lock-haired man breathed heavily from his tethered lungs; he wasn't screaming, not yet at least.

Steven's eyes snapped wearily yet in a frenzied manner and random directions as he tried to grasp ahold of the reality. His heavy breaths only hitched when he realized a weighted heaviness that was engulfed up inside his left flexed arms, breath only hitched when he realized that he was not alone.

There was someone else in his bed and most importantly there was someone else's back cuddled into his sweater engulfed chest and his hand was holding them upright, securing the said person towards himself.

He let his eyes travel down to under him only for it to be met with the back of a familiar auburn head and the flowery scent it bestowed. Unconsciously his hand under her waist tightens, with his nose dangerously near to her shirted back he sniffs a metallic flavor in the air along with the harsh scent of antiseptic. Timidly his eyes caught the sight of the whitened bandage sprawled across most of the woman's chested area and the red tint it held in a slid line.

He moved back gingerly, careful enough to not wake her up and to move her enough to her back so that he'd have more visual access to look at the wound. Steven's breath shudders all together when he looked at Nina's face, and how angelic every inch of her beatific skin looked basked under the sunlight which seeped through in shuddered flick of lights each time his eggshell white curtains splashed away from the window. Before he could even help himself, his right and free hand hesitantly traveled to touch her dressed wound.

Nina who was sound asleep seemed to only stir up when his softened fingertips trailed and ghosted over the reddened tint. A softened whimper escaped her body from the contact, and it was enough to help her brisk her eyes open. Her eyes blinked away the residue of sleep that still held on her flickered eyelashes, before it caught onto the side of Steven's worried and furrowed eyebrows. Before she could even rasp out a hi or good morning, Steven spoke,

"Did I do that?" he asked with a slightly cracked and a brooding morning voice, although it still held the softened and pitched gentleness that Steven always held.

Nina turned her body so that she could face him, and her insides sprinkled with the daunting butterflies and jitters when she saw how ruffled and untidy his hair looked dusted by the lights of the sun, or how his worried eyes gave this comforting note of warmth. Nina touched his jaw, and the skinned contact only caused him to melt and lean into it with closed eyes. His euphoria only heightened as his lungs heaved out a comforting breath when she placed her other hand to comb his ruffled curls back from his brow.