sanford x reader?!

woah, im actually writing something?? i spent most of my time coming up with ideas and writing some other stuff that i needed to get done BEFORE i started working on this, and im getting straight to working on requests after i finish this one. i will hopefully write a lot more since im moving to online school (but i havent started yet) and i dont have anything to do!!

--

Motivation was through the roof for you, you were up and around almost all day. You were cleaning most of the house, doing the laundry, doing dishes, and many other daily chores for you and the trio.. maybe doc too. Having motivation to do anything around the house was great AND felt great, but that motivation was draining quickly. As much as it stressed you out, you kept on going, even if you were getting tired as you cleaned the house. You cleaned the kitchen, picked up trash around the house, made snack boxes for everyone in the base (cause snack boxes apparently fucking exist), and fixed up the living room a bit. The base looked neat and mostly clean, everything doesn't look like its covered in dust anymore, things were in order and organized, neat and tidy. You felt proud of yourself as you were trying your best to ignore the aching pain in your arms and lower legs from the amount of cleaning you have done, and how much you were moving around.

The only thing you have to do is.. ask 2b about what the last things on the 'to do' list are, all while hoping that the last things aren't going to be too hard to do. You pulled out your phone, which the screen is slightly cracked from dropping it on the concrete, and your case is messed up and broken, the design that was painted on in fading and peeling off in some areas. Yikes, you'll need a new one soon. You stopped looking at your shitty phone case and cracked screen, unlocking your phone and going to message the healer himself.

--

Insert Name, 5:08 pm.

"I finished tidying up most of the house and doing some of the trios chores, would you like me to do anything else?"

2bdamned, 5:13 pm.

"If you're up for it, you can go ahead n' clean up the lab room (CAUSE THAT FUCKING EXISTS TOO?) and the garage too. Don't do it if you're already overwhelmed with the amount of cleaning you did, take a break and get some rest, you can do it tomorrow if you're tired."

Insert name, 5:14 pm.

"No it's fine, I'll do it anyways. I have enough time, you guys get home way later anyways."

There was no reply after that, so you put your phone down and groaned. You wanted to continue cleaning the house, but your body was sore and it hurt to move in any way. So you just... gave in and decided to lay on the couch since it would take you a bit to get to your room, which is on the second floor of the base.. like everyone's room is. There weren't any pillows to rest your head on so you had to figure something out, which.. you just decided to place your head on top your hands. It wasn't too comfortable, and not the best option but it was better than anything else that you could've come up with. Ignoring everything that you wanted to do, and still needed to do, you tried your best to fall asleep. A peaceful and quiet house was amazing, and something that you can barely find in this household, it's just that the silence felt odd. You were used to the amount of ruckus and chaos between the trio and 2bdamned no matter how annoying it all was, but the house being quiet for so long? It felt odd.

You woke up to Sanford, who was carrying you to your room. As obvious as it is, he was worried since you have never slept on the couch. It was rare for you to sleep outside of your room, you would only sleep on the couch if you've been moving around all day and working, and you aren't able to get back to your room. You can hear 2bdamned arguing with Deimos downstairs, assuming that they're arguing about how the mission went and what went wrong. You looked down the hallway as you noticed you were nearing your room. Sanford carefully adjusted you in his arms and opened the door to your room, slowly shutting it behind him. You were hoping that Sanford would stay with you instead of staying downstairs for the rest of the night.

When he let go of you after placing you in your bed, you held onto his arm when he started to walk away, still hoping that he would lay down with you. "(Insert Name), I have to go downstairs and talk to 2b about the mission, I can't stay with you, I'm sorry." You were angry that he had to leave, but your mood lightened up a bit. "I can come and lay down with you after I talk with 2b, but I'll be downstairs for more than a couple minutes." Sanford's tone made it sound like a promise, which is what you're hoping for it to be. You nodded, almost wrapping yourself with the blanket, feeling ready to pass out. Sanford kissed your forehead before leaving without saying anything, trying to shut the door quietly.

You were asleep when Sanford came back into the room, so he only walked over and got under the blankets with you. He had to unroll you from the absolute blanket mess so he could even get under the fuckin' sheets. He tried his best to pull you closer to him though, still being glad to be near you. He stayed under the blankets with you, waiting for the moment he falls asleep.

--

finally done!! finished at around 960 words, and this note just makes it longer. ill definitely go back and reread this to see if anything is messed up or if there are any spelling errors, so, sorry if it seems a bit bad! i mostly had to rush the story since i want to work on the other ones and actually give yall a story to read.......

please.

be happy.

my brain is sizzling.