Chapter 1

(For information, yes, the 'venti' here is already the goddess of time and wind aka Wendy-)

The bard hasn't been seen for two days. This caused worry to many people. Some blamed it on the fatui, some said the bard was traveling. But a red-head would like to say, "Knights so incompetent you let someone go missing, again." He grumbled and crossed his arms behind the counter.

"My my, Master Diluc, he is a traveling bard, no need to blame it on the poor guys who were on patrol the day he was last seen." Keaya laughed but there was a slight strain in it. Clearly, they both worry for Venti, even if they knew the secret those childish lips held or not. The tavern's door opened suddenly, everyone's attention now focusing on the new comer.

"Oh dear, a full house isn't it?" Venti smiled nervously. 'Haven't been in the mortal realm for a long while.. how do you converse?'

"Venti! You scared everyone when you went missing for two days. Last you were seen was when you made a turn to an alleyway!" Kaeya looked like a heavy bag was lifted from his shoulders. "Apologies-" the bard was cut off. "Don't apologize! Explain what happened in song!"

Diluc and Kaeya immediately saw the difference. The bard never refuses a request of a performance. But now, the very same bard flushed in a heavy pink stuttering a no with an excuse of his voice not being good today.

Drunkards, as nosy as they can be, surprisingly let the bard be. There was a few whines of disappointment but they didn't push farther and went back to whining about their problems among themselves.

Venti also thanked the knights for caring enough to try and search for him despite the fact he's a traveling bard and that shouldn't concern themselves for his well being. To which said knights saluted and bid him farewell and safe wishes.

The bard sat on the stool next to Kaeya, nervousness was seeping through his tense figure.

"What's the tension!" Kaeya made sure not to make it obvious he hesitated on patting the other's back although he was pretty sure the bard could've easily noticed.

Venti gave him a small smile before looking at Diluc and asking for cider. "Will you pay this time?" Venti smiled sheepishly. "Is a bit of confidential information enough to let you give me a drink?" A strained smile replaced the former shy and sheepish one.

Diluc's hand stopped midway from grabbing a glass. His question was meant as a joke to at least lessen the tense atmosphere around Venti. "There's no need-" "You're running a business, it's only proper if I give you something in return at the very least." In two days the bard changed so much.

"Ok then." Venti's eyes lit up. "Thank you, Master Diluc." He gave the bartender a warm smile. "Do I get to join in?" Kaeye jokingly asked, not really expecting Venti to nod and give him a small warm smile as well. 

The doors of the tavern slammed open. "Venti!" The acting grandmaster barged in. Venti, having the powers of his creator, knew this would happen; the moment he spared a glance at the knights, he knew they'll report it.

It's quite laughable, really.

A fancy decorated chess piece can worry ignorant fools who fears the abyss that chases the wind. To think mortals would think they have the ability to protect a god from something that has the ability to harm said god was laughable.

Snapping out of his thoughts, he took a look at the dubbed Dandelion Knight of Mondstat. She was so different from Vanessa.. oh, he should probably pay the falcon a visit when he gets the chance.

Jean calmed herself before marching towards the three. Kaeya had a face of confusion while Diluc had an unmoving face. Venti on the other hand had a calm smile with eyes studying the acting grandmaster. "Apologies for worrying you I'll inform you next time I plan on disappearing." A nervous laugh came after his words.

"It's.. ok, one dandelion wine please." Jean tiredly sat down next to Kaeya, there was something about the bard that didn't sit right with her, so she stood her distance.

They talked peacefully. Although Venti seemed to have troubles keeping up with the conversation and choosing to drink apple cider to the others' confusion.

It was closing time, Jean had already left. Kaeya staying behind to hear the "confidential information" Venti had and Diluc, of course Diluc stayed behind being the owner after all.

"So," The eyepatch adorn captain started. "I'll cut to the chase," The goddess giggled. "I'm not Venti." Her eyes gave a glow showing an emotion unfamiliar to the duo.

"After all, Venti is dead"

"Wait, back track, you said Venti is dead but Venti - which is you - is currently standing in front of us." Kaeya looked at Diluc who reflected the same confusion as him.

The goddess sighed "I just said I'm not Venti..." She trailed off into a laugh. "Better if I show you." She hummed as an hourglass-like catalyst glowed and created an illusion.

Venti frantically running up towards the windrise tree. Pieces that glowed a soft teal floated off into the wind that howled. A few bitter laugh as the puppet looked back on friends and foes alike. Until a figure ripped through the air. A portal shaped irregularly as the gales shook the tree.

Two sets of wings, teal braids and body only covered by a draped cloth. The figure glowed a bit before the cloth disappeared and in its place, a polo with a cape over the figure's shoulder, a waist corset and green shorts with intricate designs. 

"I don't get it." Kaeya looked at 'Venti' in confusion. "Venti and Barbatos was marely a front. Stemmed from an old friends lie." 'Venti' blankly stared back at him.

"A front", Diluc parrots in confusion. "So you're saying that the entirety of Mondstat for as long as it has been founded, believed in a non-existent god?" His face formed a scowl while the goddess sighed again. 

"They used to believe in Istaroth, the true goddess of wind and time, however, she disappeared. I took her place as the goddess of time and wind but I was supposed to be the goddess of wind and freedom. So I created a vessel to uphold something useless yet keeps everything in balance."

Diluc and Keaya exchanged stares, the explanation gave them more questions than the answers they were looking for. "Now that I think about it, do you have a another name or is your name still Venti?"

"Wendy, it's a mortal name given by the original electro Archon before I separated myself from this realm..." Wendy touched the wooden table as his eyes glowed in sadness.

Kaeya was about to open his mouth but Wendy beat him to it. "Yes, I am a female - well not me, but the original owner of this face was. She herself hid her identity when she lead the rebellion so I thought to continue that lie."

"So Venti was a girl this whole time." Diluc glared at Kaeya. "From that entire explanation, that's the one thing you caught on?" Wendy laughed, the first genuine laugh they've heard from her. "No, Venti was given fake memories." Wendy held a hand to her stomach as she tried to calm her breathing from laughing.

"Well, I should be going." Wendy bid them farewell. "Wait." Wendy spun around with a confused face which turned into pain when her braid slammed itself to his face. "Ow.. is there something else you wanted to say?"

"Are sure the Fatui won't try to come back for the real gnosis?" Wendy shook her head. "I am unsure." A sigh. "There's so many possible futures that I can see yet there's still no deffinite answer."

"We didn't tell Jean yet, I was a bit confused why you didn't tell her to stay for this - information drop." Wendy looked at the ceiling her lips in a small smile.  She looked back at the them. "Because the cause relates to your own."

"So I'm guessing we can't escape - that - topic." Kaeya laughed a bit bitterly. "The past will eventually catch up to us." Diluc glared the floor. "Get out, I need to lock the tavern." Diluc pushed Kaeya out before turning back to lock the bar. "Rude much." The blue haired man grumbled as he walked home.