chapter 2

Wendy stood at the bridge that connects to the tower she oh so wanted to smash into smithereens. But with the tower being inhabited by a friend of hers, she can't really destroy the property. Especially with the place of the passing of the nameless bard that hid her identity.

There was no reason to lie about your gender. But society - unlike the times now - was highly discriminatory with females. The only acceptable females were ones with noble blood. So it was expected for the bard to hide her identity to be trusted by others.*

Wendy walked the whole way, she would've flown to the top of the tower if only it was still out of the knights' routes. There were knights in the perimeter, but they did avoid going into the tower due to the decaying structure. But due to them surrounding the area, she can't open her wings without being spotted. The bad part of having huge wings.

She boosted herself using anemo to reach the top of the tower. And when she got there, Dvalin was already there waiting.

"So..." The dragon started. The awkward tension was thick as thick as the fog that surrounded the tower. "It's been awhile.. at first I fought along side with you and Istaroth, next moment I fought along side a copy of you." Dvalin kept his distance.

"And I never explained why I disappeared..." Wendy finished, bowing her head low. "Istaroth's disappearance took a toll on you. Even divinity cannot escape the grasp of emotions." Dvalin stepped a bit closer, "I do not blame you - I was the same after Durin fell into the corruption. That child did not deserve it..." Wendy nodded along, "He did not."

Silently, they sat side by side, not as allies; but as people had lost someone.

°•°•°

Wendy was half sure she'll be thrown up into the air by Andrius the moment she steps near his domain. Even the goddess of time did not anticipate the old wolf pouncing onto her. Andrius circled around Wendy as if he was a puppy who haven't seen it's owner is a few hours.

"Must you circle me like that?" She laughed a bit but the all the response she gets was a huff of air to her face. She giggled. "I'm happy you're back. That bard was a bit insufferable." She burst out laughing. "Now that's a bit rude for my creation, isn't it?" She said in between giggles and snorts.

Hawking sounds suddenly came from a tree near by, along with burst of winds and sounds of flapping wings. "Hey, was I not invited in the reunion?" Vanessa's translucent form appeared and walked towards them.*

"Oh, don't you all have a human form? Why don't we go around Mondstat?" Dvalin landed and turned into his human form.

His form was tall and lean, his hair was half up into a messy bun. Teal strands with a mix of dark blue and purple. Vibrant blue eyes blinked. He wore black pants, a plain white polo with a dark blue cape that copied his wings. A fake vision attached to his hip.

"Show off." Vanessa scoffed at him. "Quite unfair that I can't change forms." She sulked at the side while Andrius transformed into his human form.

Tall and muscular, a low V neck shirt with baggy pants. His hair was a rich midnight blue, white streaks framed his face. Sharp blue eyes and a few dark blue marks littered under it. A dark blue cape drapped over him with fur lining it. Arm guard with a fake vision covered his right arm.

"What's with you three with capes?" Vanessa stared at the three. "It's called style." Dvalin blankly stated, "It's called standing out and raising suspicion." The maiden retorted. "Who'll care anyway? I mean, look at Wendy -- she looks way too similar to her statue yet no one connected the dots."

"But I connected the dots when I saw her 'barbatos' form." Wendy shook her head. "I don't even know myself!" She giggled.

"Well, shall we parade into Mondstat?" Vanessa rolled her eyes and transformed into her falcon form and perched onto Wendy's shoulder.

______
Story notes:
The timeline for this AU is basically this:
The rebellion took place during the archon war and there's no Visions at that tume because there's no archons yet.

I wanted to include her and yes, she was told about the secret.

Wendy + four winds shenanigans next chapter!