Chapter 10

-BittyTale #8-

Dream glances around the club he had rented out for the party nervously this was so different normally any party they had would be held either at the base or Geno's void space.  He was a little shocked when he asked Geno about it only to find out it was a closed off bit of Anti-void Error used to loan him.

"Hey broskie can you help me assemble the mini stage?" Fresh grins at him from the stage holding a flat pack kit for a Bitty stage.

Dream sighs relieved to have something to do, "sure Fresh what is this for?  The club already has a stage."

Fresh chuckles, "the reason I told you to book a place in this AU is because The gangs favored band is from here homeslice.  The Bitty Bastards are AU famous and  nearly impossible to get for small gigs like this one."

"Then how did you manage it and on short notice?" Dream stared at Fresh wide socketed until the sound of a small electric motor draws his attention to a knee high touring bus buzzing through the door that is held open by a man in a suit holding a remote control for it.

Fresh waves grinning, "hey Jeff broskie Dream wants to know why the band would cancel a sold out show and fly halfway across the country to play a little last minute gig like this."

Jeff grins at Dream but it is more like a bearing of teeth, "oh that is easy my lady I like my job and my balls and the boys would have both if they missed the chance to play for Lord Nightmare."

Fresh snickers, "dude Dream is male... I think.  Actually I never asked Dream, do you have a pronoun preference?"

Dream sighs, "if I did once I have forgotten no one can seem to decide what they think I am anyway.  So why would the band be so insistent on performing for Nightmare?" Dream eyes the tour bus suspiciously.

Jeff drops the fake smile, "Because they are all rescue bitties that came through Last Chance Bitty Rescue founded by Lord Nightmare, the only rescue group that takes so-called impossible bitties.  The ones rescued from Bitty fighting rings, or criminals that are nearly impossible to handle, or socialize safety.  Ones that are illegal to obtain in the first place in most places.  Dagger, Spike, and Slash are all Bitty fight club survivors, and Ki was used in a drug lab under conditions that nearly got him put down when he was found on a drug bust."

Dream goes ashen and sways on his feet.  "I... I had no idea there were such things here."

Fresh snorts, "I have no idea how you are still so sheltered at your age broskie."

Horror and David walk in holding hands and talking softly only to stop at the sight of Dream looking like he might fant.

"Dream, do you need to sit down, you are not looking so great?" David hurried over to check on Dream bringing Horror with him.

Fresh smiles at Horror, "ready for the party tonight Horror?"

Horror grunts and nods glancing from Fresh to Dream. "What?"

Fresh shrugs knowing Horror is a monster of few words thanks to the massive crater in his skull.  "Nothing to worry about Dream broskie just found out BittyTale is not all sunshine and gumdrops."

That got a grunt and a nod from Horror before he offered Jeff a handshake.

Jeff shakes Horror's hand, relaxing a bit. "Horror! Man I haven't seen you in about a year. I would have worried but Killer has been trying to wear out his backstage pass and said you were too busy raising crops and chasing tail for us.  I told him to get his skull out of the gutter, you're too much of a gentleman for that.  He tried to bet a lifetime pass that he was right."

David explodes in emerald blushes at Jeff's teasing.  Horror just grins and lifts David's hand to rub his cheek on the back flashing both their engagement rings.

"Congratulations to you both. I knew Horror was more of a gentleman than Killer was making it sound."  Jeff gives a hearty laugh and hugs Horror.  "When you decide to have the ceremony let us know and I will make sure the boys are available."

Horror shares a look with David and grins, "all ready here."

Fresh sucks in a surprised breath, "broskie you move fast when you want to.  I will call Geno and have him bring the book!"

"Book Fresh, what are you talking about? What is going on now?" Dream looks bewildered, still slightly stunned by having his world view rocked.

David giggles, "Nightmare's boys have a unique wedding tradition.  It started with other relationships and was pretty much set in stone when Blue and Dust got hitched.  When a relationship becomes official Nightmare hits them with an Idiots Guide To book and tells them to figure it out and not bother him.  And with Nightmare being king it makes it official."

"That... no that actually sounds like Nighty he hated the fuss of ceremonies of all kinds when we were kids.  Hitting someone with a book and declaring it done is definitely what he would choose."  Dream smiles slightly.

Jeff rolls his eyes but smiles, "Nightmare is definitely the most informal royal I have ever met."

Dream chuckles, "Probably because he became a king the old fashioned way.  If one wanted to be technical he is a warlord but after a few centuries the number of beings that would have the right to be technical dwindled down to those who can't be bothered, don't care, or can't remember."

Horror nods, "that what dad says to." He crouches down to look at the tour bus Bitty carrier.  "New bus."

"Yes, some of the more mechanically inclined bitties from Last Chance designed it. We are testing out the prototype so they can work out any problems before going into full production!" Jeff started geeking out over the carrier to Fresh who was sending texts and Horror who listened carefully, nodding and using encouraging hand jesters.

David beams still holding one of Horror's hands and glancing at Dream.  "Isn't he amazing so patient and he will ask questions if he doesn't understand something even if he doesn't talk much!"

Dream can only nod looking overwhelmed with how different from what he used to think of them all of Nightmare's boys keep proving to be.