Chapter 7: Aftermath Discussion

"The winner of the battle is..." He inhaled before he spoke. "None, The battle is a draw!" 

The words from the guild master froze me still in place. That snap out after looking to Rushia who smiled with satisfaction.

It made me wonder like, How the battle end up draw? All those thoughts stop in instant after looking behind me. 

It was a butterfly, With the same color of Rushia's clothes, Clinging on my nape.

The battle result has been announced that its a draw, That's why I just pull away the sword whose blade pointing in Rushia's neck, I just put it back to its scabbard. In the same time, The butterfly get off and land to Rushia's right index finger. Then, The butterfly faintly disappeared as a form of light, Floating to the sky.

As soon we settle down, The guild master approached us, With his arms crossed below his chest. He reach his right fist to its mouth and made a single fake cough and spoke. 

"Shirogane Noel, Im sure your confused to your defeat. Worst of all, You might not be able to accept your loss-"

As soon as he said that, I interjected.

"No, I'll hear your words"

"I see..." He made a nod of understanding and proceed to speak.

"So, The main reason is... Im sure you saw that half-blue half-green butterfly. The truth is, That thing is considered as, The most feared thing by the adventurers. A single touch from it can kill you in instant since it can wither away the livings under Rushia's control. In other words, If the fight earlier is real... Your already dead right now. You might be able to slash her neck but you cant escape from the death that awaits you"

The guild master explained everything he knew. It was a pretty long explanation that I just nod.

The adventurers is passing some cash in their seats. I bet those are the Bet they made for our battle. Theres no winner, That probably considered to give everything back to everyone or become dealer's income as the word "Draw/Tie" can be either describe as both won or both lose.

"Come, Were going back to the guild to claim your prizes"

.

.

Later

Me, and Rushia is now infront of the receptionist table while The guild master is now standing where should be that elf receptionist, Serene. In other words, The guild master take care of her place.

"So, As you can remember the two of you, The deal was... If you will win, You'll get a cash prize" The guild master spoke to Rushia. Then proceed to look at me "But if you win, You'll become C-ranked, Right?" 

Rushia and I nodded. Then Rushia proceed to ask without hesitation.

"In other words, Because the battle end up in draw, Means we wont earn anything, Am I right?" 

The guild master nodded in agreement.

"In a normal competition, That is" 

The guild master added. 

As soon the guild master said that, Both Rushia and I got our eyes widened in surprise of his words. Since, When he said normal competition, Our battle is not normal competition to begin with. 

"Shirogane Noel, Able to make the battle outcome to draw with a S-Ranked opponent, Even its not a win, No one can easily do that. Besides, For such a strong knight that not being leaked yet, Theres no doubt she's still a new graduate. To be straight, I cant afford to place Noel in the very lowest Adventurer Ranking, From how excellent her performance is. That's why, As the battle became draw, Both of you won't earn nothing, But instead, Earn half of the prize" The guild master blow a smoke from his ciggarette, Then put it back to his mouth before speaking again.