Chapter 14: World of Fantasia

<Noel's P.O.V>

Right now, I'm walking with Flare, Heading back to the Kingdom of Zophiel. The reason why Flare is looking away from me with her face redden was probably her memory is still so fresh for her after what happened earlier. Earlier, When she woke up, She noticed her hands was groping my chest, End up for her apologizing repeatedly like an eternity.

Glancing to Flare, She's now calmed down a bit from her embarassment. I took a deep breath and asked.

"Flare, Do you have any idea about the ambush last night by those orcs?"

"Well, Father have discussed to us something in this morning"

Earlier, When we take off from the bed, The Dark Elves was gathered to a meeting by Flare's father, More known by the others as 'Dark Elf Chief'. And since its only for the Dark Elves, I was not included, End up waiting outside the tent, No, Farther away from the tent where they discussing so I didnt hear even a single thing from it, I just do some swing practice of my sword instead.

"Is it okay to tell me though?"

"Well... What you did to us is a very huge help and we dont even have any idea how can we repay you, And I dont think a parchment of cash is enough to repay your help to us so, All we can do now is help you even in little things..."

She hesitatedly spoke while looking away, Holding her left arm.

About the parchment of cash... Its actually a lot and exactly what I needed 'Since money is the main reason why join in the adventurer guild after all'. And with that, Im satisfied enough but... Theres also an other side of me who wanted to know about the incident in the dark elf village.

Just before I try to ask, Flare speaks first.

"So, Back to the topic. As I said, My father discussed us something this morning and that discussion is connected to the incident last night. It is something that only the higher ups kept, And didnt discuss it with the others until this morning",

"In other words, An important matter that only the ones in high position should know?"

When I asked that, Flare nodded.

"Yes. We already knew about gathering the forces to the upcoming attack of the Demon Queen as father already discussed it to us 5 days ago. But then... The attack came earlier than the expected time"

"Earlier? What do you mean?"

"The Demon Queen declared to attack 5 days later from now, But came earlier than what we expected... Well, Im just glad no one died from the battle..."

"Well... Lives are more important than treasures they say"

Flare shook her head to my statement with a smile on her face.

"But still... I can't believe the Demon Queen evaded to your territory for no reason-"

I added but before I finished the sentence, Flare interjected.

"There's a reason actually"

After she said that, I was shocked and immediately turn my head toward her who was raised in the sky earlier.

"Reason?"

"Yes, Its something the higher ups been keeping as I said earlier. According to Father, The Demon Queen said the following..."

Flare coughed before speaking. She speak in a prideful tone this time.

"Your whole kindred is in danger if you keep staying here. But dont mistaken us dark elves! We didnt do this out of kindness but to make the demon forces more powerful! Ha-Ha!"