Chapter 8: First Quest

"Will you..." She raise her hand mid-air, Offering a handshake then continued "Become my party"

(Note: If you able to read the phase "Become my party in future" Then that was a mistake. That is my previous plan and plan to delete that but forgot to)

I was stunned in her sudden offer.

Lets think back, My goal of being adventurer is to solve my financial problems. Means... accepting her offer allows me to be able to go into S-Ranking Quests. S-Rank Quests have very high rewards but so dangerous at the same time. As they say, Im strong and talented but it doesnt change the fact Im still a newbie. I just entered as a adventurer and already going to start S-Ranking quests? Thats a great news but totally throwing tantrum to my self. Also, I dont want to cling to others too much and accepting Rushia's offer means... 

"Sorry but... I'll refuse"

...Clinging to Rushia too much. I'll just become spoiled if I'll cling to her too much and wont advance me anywhere. I need to atleast discover things my self through the lowest part before climbing up. There is a old saying 'Wings disappears, That's why never put all your hopes to it' Meaning people disappears, Never cling to them too much and you'll lost everything if you do so.

"I see... You have a point... With all your strength, You don't need someone like me to join in your party" 

Rushia spoke in a low tone of voice as she look below, Taking her hands back.

"No, That's not the reason why I refused" 

I immediately responded to wake her spirit up. 

"The reason is... Im still a newbie in being a adventurer. That's why Im planning to discover things my self slowly as I rise up. I cannot just cling to you of course, That's why I decided..." I breath before continuing. "Will you still accept me to be a member of your party in the future?" I asked, Calmly as I could.

If she refuse, This will be the greatest shame of my life.

She step forward, Leaning her flat chest front, Tilting her head a bit with a pure smile in her face. 

"Of course"

She sweetly answered my request as she offered a handshake.

"Its a deal then"

"Mhmm"

I nodded, Accepting her handshake. She then take off her hands, Turning her head through the guild's window before taking a look to me. 

"Its already noon so... Lets eat. My treat" 

As she spoke that, She showed the same dark brown parchment given as her prize by the guild master. I plan to refuse but I didnt brought any money today so I just go with the flow instead. 

Both of us head to the kitchen and ordered our lunch.

.

.

Both me and Rushia is now infront of the guild's questboard. Eating earlier with Rushia was pretty fun as we talk both of our epic stories. Me in my academic life and hers as a adventurer and student in the underworld's academy. I learned something a lot of facts about Rushia. First is that she can be considered as one of those witches and demons as she's not born in this world but she's born in the underworld. And in the underworld is where she studied necromancy and became a top student, Graduating school in early age. She ascended here in the land in interest to see normal humans but didnt see anyone interesting until she meet me, Not to be prideful to my self but that's what she said.