[19] Tears Of A Broken Heart And A Broken Soul

^Deathbringer^

The dance was better than I expected it to be. There was a snack bar and a drink bar (virgin, obviously). Moon and I arrived early since we wanted a glimpse of everything before anything got serious. Recently, I have been really moody.

I've just been upset that Glory kissed Qibli like that when I'm ten times hotter. Her loss. But it still hurt. What did I do wrong? I have been asking her and asking, but she just ignored me and went for him. I couldn't help but despise Qibli even more.

The dance floor was mopped and dusted and I could practically see my reflection in it. The floor was so clean that it was actually slippery. After a long moment of exploring (even the girls' bathroom, which is AMAZING) I made it back to the entrance and saw Moon sitting at a table not too far away. She looked like the most miserable person, but still knockout gorgeous.

She was dressed as Mal, hair died a purplish blue, and her outfit...outstanding. It was exactly just like the movie.

I swear to God, if someone comes dressed up as a zombie, I'll seriously—

"You have a date?" I asked Moon, cutting off my own thoughts. Moon slowly averted her eyes away from mine.

"Yeah. Just not the right one."

"You don't love Qibli?" I asked. Shoot. That's bad on your part.

"I do! I mean—I don't! Winter... he asked me. I don't even know why I said yes. I have no attraction towards him, yet I didn't stop myself from agreeing. It's my own fault."

"At least you have a date," I stated glumly.

"Did Glory say no? Figures," Moon said.

"Yeah. She dumped me for that Qibli dude."

Moon's head jerked up, eyes wide opened. "For Qibli? But... didn't she kiss you?"

I snorted. "I wish. I only know how it feels to kiss her from my imagination."

There was a pause as Moon looked at me weird. "You imagine—never mind. Also, what do you mean? Tsunami posted a pic of it. Here, lemme find it for you... Okay, here it is."

She turned her phone around and I squinted at it. It was when I was in front of Glory and she was teasing me. Wow, Glory looks beautiful on camera. I pressed my finger on the screen and scrolled.

I regretted doing that.

It was a picture of Glory kissing Qibli, and I was standing in front of them with the most hurt face ever. I glumly averted my eyes away. Moon gave me a quizzing look before turning the screen around so she could see what I was looking at.

"Wait... you weren't lying?" Moon slowly asked.

"Of course not!" I cried. "Why would I ever joke about Glory being with someone other than me?"

Moon shrugged as if that was a reasonable answer but still looked extremely hurt.

I laughed quietly. "Well, isn't that a coincidence. My crush and your crush dancing together while we watch them from the bleachers."

"Who ever said Qibli was my crush?"

I gave her a skeptical look, to which she replied to, "Okay, fine. Just... don't tell anyone."

"Pfft, no one even ships you guys anymore. People will probably start shipping Gibli? Qlory? See, even the ship name is as trash as the relationship."

Moon sighed just as the gym doors opened to a few more people: a girl named Lynx, Kinkajou, Peril, Scarlet, Umber, and... Glory. Glory and I immediately made eye contact, locking it for a good five seconds before she headed for the drink bar. My costume really just gives off Criminal Minds vibes.