[20] Mission Get A Girlfriend

^Moon^

~3rd person~

Moon felt the blood on her hands turn dry. She had been sitting like this, hands intwined with Qibli's  for the past few days. She checked her phone. January 12, 3:57 pm. Everything felt and seemed wrong, like putting a shoe on the wrong foot.

It felt messed up.

"*"

I swallowed hard.

"*"

Across from her was Deathbringer and Glory. Glory was sleeping with her head gently resting on Deathbringer's shoulder, breathing evenly. Deathbringer, though, was wide awake, eyes red and staring upward at the train lights.

The rest of the school was on that train and two others, escaping while they had the chance. Moon, still in her wedding dress, burst into silent tears and shrank back into her seat, disentangling her hands from Qibli's.

She saw his hurt expression but ignored it as the memories from not too long ago reappeared. When they bombed her school with a few children and teachers still inside.

"*"

I twitched.

"*"

Moon glance forward and saw the adults all talking in the front of the train, discussing what they should do. Moon had no idea why the hell the whole school was all going to be living in one motel together, but maybe it was a good thing. 

Because maybe this could be another part of her new beginning. Her daffodil.

Yet again, this could be a bad thing. This could affect everything in her life, and so maybe she should stop this train right now.

But she couldn't, good or bad. Because either way, she knew something bad was bound to happen.

"*"

I woke from that dream, covered in sweat. My blanket was on the floor and a good amount of my hair was in my mouth. I stared at my plain, white sheets.

January 12? Already?

I scrambled for my phone and checked what day it was.

December 29, 10:32 am.

What?

I rubbed my forehead before spitting all the hair out of my mouth.

My phone's probably broken.

But I swear it hasn't even been New Years yet. I swear that was a dream...

It wasn't a dream, was it?

Okay, but maybe it was a memory from the past.

In a wedding dress holding hands with Qibli? I think not.

Okay, but like, there's a logical reason.

No, there isn't.

Yeah, well I think there is.

Well, you think wrong.

Okay, Moon, stop being so overdramatic. You need to take some aspirin, or something.

I groaned and pulled myself out of my bed before tumbling down the stairs. Deathbringer was on the couch watching some depressing show.

"How are you even up?" I asked tiredly, reaching towards the refrigerator. I didn't need to see behind me to know he shrugged. He's been like that for days. As if... as if he was lifeless. He hasn't said a word since the dance in October, and now it's December. I think he's mute.