Percy tries for a lie - 8

Hello, Another chapter, thankfully on time this time. Hope you like it. And I changed the paragraphs writing patterns. First I used to leave a line like usual Wattpadians, but now I am writing in the same pattern as PJO. If the previous one was better, pls tell me. I will change it back. or else this will be the writing pattern from now on. All rights go to Rick Riordan, except the little small changes I made. Enjoy!

     Chiron nodded his head, pleased. "Correct. And Zeus has never trusted Poseidon since. Of course, Poseidon denies stealing the master bolt. He took great offence at the accusation. The two have been arguing back and forth for months, threatening war. And now, you've come along. . . the proverbial last straw.
     "But I'm just a kid!" Percy said indignantly.
     Grover sighed, then looked at Percy. "Percy, if you were Zeus, and you already thought your brother was plotting to overthrow you, then your brother suddenly admitted he broke the sacred oath he took after World War 2, that he has fathered a new mortal hero who might be  used as a weapon against you. . . . Wouldn't that put a twist in your toga?"
     Percy groaned. "But I didn't do anything. Poseidon . . . my dad . . . he didn't really have this master bolt stolen, did he?"
     "Most thinking observers would agree," Chiron said, letting out a sigh. "that thievery is not Poseidon's style. But the Sea God is too proud to try convincing Zeus of that. Zeus has demanded that Poseidon return the bolt by the summer solstice. That's June twenty-first, ten days from now. Poseidon wants an apology for being called a thief by the same date. I hoped that diplomacy might prevail, that Hera or Demeter or Hestia would make the two brothers see sense. But your arrival had inflamed Zeus's temper. Now neither god will back down. Unless someone intervenes, unless the master bolt is found and returned to Zeus before the solstice, there will be war. And do you know what a full-fledged war would look like, Percy?" (I don't know about you guys, but I am bored writing this scene since I have read this at least thousand times.)
     Percy tried for a guess. "Bad?"
     I clapped lightly so that I couldn't be heard. We should encourage him on making such great and accurate guesses, right?
     Apparently, Chiron didn't think so. He flashed me a warning with his eyes.
     "Imagine the world in chaos." Chiron murmured. "Nature at war with itself. Olympians forced to choose sides between Zeus and Poseidon. Destruction. Carnage. Millions dead. Western civilization turned into a battleground so big it will make the Trojan War look like a water-balloon fight."
     Percy repeated, in a daze. "Bad."
     "And you, Percy Jackson," This time Chiron looked at him straight in the eye. "Would be the first to feel Zeus's wrath."
     Percy looked outside as it started to rain. Everybody stopped whatever they were doing and looked at the sky. 
     He looked at the rain, then at the people outside, then miserably at himself, as though asking what had he done to have caused this rain. "So I have to find this stupid bolt." Percy asked angrily. "And return it to Zeus."  
     Chiron nodded. "What better peace offering, than to have the son of Poseidon return Zeus's property?"
     "If Poseidon doesn't have it, where is the thing?" Percy asked warily.
     The answer was obvious to me.
     Chiron's expression went grim. "I believe I know. Part of a prophecy I had years ago . . . well, some of the lines make sense to me, now." I got confused here. Was he talking about the Great prophecy? what could he understand about it? I couldn't understand anything. "But before I can say more, you must officially take up the quest. You must seek the counsel of Oracle."
     Percy's lower lip curled in unhappiness. "Why can't you tell me where the bolt is beforehand?"
     Chiron smiled without humor. "Because if I did, you would be too afraid to accept the challenge."
     Percy swallowed hard, then said. "Good reason."
     I looked at Percy without blinking once. He was accepting the quest without asking anything?
     Chiron looked surprised too. "You agree then?"
     Percy turned his head toward Grover questioningly, who gulped and tried to nod encouragingly.
     Percy rolled his eyes for some reason. "All right. It's better than being turned into a dolphin."
     Ok, I take my words back. Maybe he wasn't bored as Mr.D was threatening him. I take it he was listening to him.
     Chiron exhaled in relief. "Then it's time you consulted the Oracle. Go upstairs, Percy Jackson, to the attic. When you come back down, assuming you're still sane, we will talk more."
     Percy stood up, looked at Grover once, then went for the stairs. 
     As soon as he got out of sight, I removed my cap.
     "I hope you are happy now, Annabeth." Chiron smiled slightly. "The thing which you always kept dreaming upon."
     I nodded happily. 
     But then, Chiron's face fell dark. He leaned forward on his chair, then said in a quiet voice. "Annabeth, this is a quest I can only trust with you. I have a feeling. . I don't know. There are a lot of people who would like to kill Percy. This is the half-blood which we have in our hands. If Percy is killed, Lord Poseidon is not going to be happy. As cruel as he is, he is one of the most caring-for-their-children gods. And Percy is a good-natured and powerful demigod." Yeah, good-natured. No doubt. "Since he could be the child of prophecy, Lord Poseidon would be extra-caring for him. At least I guess so." He stretched his back. "So what I am trying to say, Annabeth, do whatever you can, to save him during the quest."
     Chiron is usually one of the guys who are usually really optimistic. His worried voice made me worry too. "But Chiron, if Percy has so many enemies, what can we do to help him? What chance do we have?"
     He smiled. "Remember, even though you all are young right now, if you, Percy and Grover can go to the quest together, this would be a really powerful trio. You have wisdom, Percy has power and Grover can do magic. If this trio survives for 2 to 3 years, it may create fame in the whole . . ." He paused for a second. I didn't felt that I would really go with Percy after this quest. After all, He is my mother's enemy's son. "Greek world." The way he said Greek world sent some chills down my spine.
     Grover just started to ask something when the sound of someone staggering started coming from the stairs.
     I swiftly placed my cap back on my head. A second later, Percy staggered out, his eyes wild.
     "Well" Chiron asked. Percy dropped on a chair, taking deep breaths. "She said I would retrieve what was stolen."
     Grover immediately got excited. He leaned forward. Chewing something which once used to be a coke can. "That's great!" He said.
     "What did the Oracle say exactly?" Chiron pressed warily. "This is important."
     Percy still didn't meet anybody's eye. "She . . she said I would go to the west and face a god who has turned. I would retrieve what was stolen and see it safely returned."
     Grover waved a fist in the air. "I knew it!" He didn't seem to notice Percy, but Chiron and I did. He looked like he was having a bad illness and was hiding something. 
     Chiron asked. "Anything else?"
     Percy didn't answer for a while. Then he said slowly. "No. That's about it."
     Chiron nodded slowly. "Very well, Percy. But now this: The Oracle's words often have double-meanings. Don't dwell on them too much. The truth is not always clear until events come to pass."
     Percy didn't look relieved. "Okay." He said. "So where do I go? Who's this god in the west?"

**************************_______________*************************

Another Chapter finished, I hope you liked it. Next chapter hopefully in 10 days. Cya!