Percy is a master of ticking gods off - 17

Hello everyone. Ik, ik, too much late. All I can say is, it is my fault! sorry everyone. I was a bit demotivated, you may say.  That is why. But I hope now you do like this chapter. Rick Riordan owns almost everything. Enjoy!

Then I saw a green gazing ball from a nearby pedestal. I grabbed it. It wasn't the perfect, but still. "A polished shield would be better. The convexity will cause some distortion. The reflection's size should be off by a factor of—"

Percy sighed, "Would you speak English?"

I looked up, "I am!" Then I gave the ball to him. "Just look at her in the glass. Never look at her directly."

Grover yelled from somewhere up, "Hey guys! I think she's unconscious."

Medusa roared from below. He corrected himself. "Maybe not."

I glanced back at Percy. "Hurry. Grover has got a great nose but he will eventually crash."

Percy uncapped his pen. I put on my cap back, trying to get on Medusa's back.

Grover came, his bat in his hand, but this time, Medusa caught it and threw him somewhere. I saw where he landed, and I gulped. Landing on a stone grizzly bear from a distance was not exactly painless.

Percy was in her front, and I was on her side. I knew I wasn't able to attack her, but even I don't know why I was standing here. Maybe in case Percy wasn't able to kill her?

I cursed myself. Thinking like that always jinxed the thing. But I hoped this wasn't the matter. If Percy failed right now, we were going to be some sausages for Medusa.

Percy was really near from her now. My eyes were fixed on him, since I was not able to watch Medusa. But I could see where she was standing.

"You wouldn't harm an old woman. I know you wouldn't." Medusa purred. I wanted to stab her.

Percy stopped. My heart stopped too. Grover moaned, "Percy, don't listen to her." 

Medusa laughed. "Too late!" She lunged at him.

Percy slashed his sword in the air instantly without even looking at her. I arched my eyebrows. That was some Luke training kicking in, I guess. (He's a natural, Annabeth, a natural)

"Oh yuck. Mega yuck." Grover said.

I took off my cap, focused my eyes on the sky, and told Percy, "Don't move."

Then I slowly knelt down, put the head in the veil and stood up again. Then I asked Percy, my voice shaking. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," He said, but it looked like more of a question. "Why didn't ... why didn't the head evaporate?"

"Once you sever it, it becomes a spoil of war." I told him. "Same as your minotaur horn. But don't unwrap the head. It can still petrify you."

Grover came down from the statue, moaning from pain. His forehead was injured badly, and his shoes were flying around his head.

Percy did a thumb up. "The Red Baron. Good job, man."

Grover managed a grin. "That really was not fun, though. Well, the hitting-her-with-a-stick part, that was fun. But crashing into a concrete bear? Not fun."

Percy nodded, smiling, and then uncapped his sword. Grover grabbed the shoes, and then we together stumbled toward the warehouse.

I found some old grocery bags, and placed the monster's head in it. Then we sat down on the dining table, too exhausted to do anything else.

After a while, Percy broke the silence, "So we have Athena to thank for this monster?"

I gave him an annoyed look, "Your dad, actually. Don't you remember? Medusa was Poseidon's girlfriend. They decided to meet in my mother's temple. That's why Athena turned her into a monster. Medusa and her two sisters who had helped her get into the temple, they became the three gorgons. That's why Medusa wanted to slice me up, but she wanted to preserve you as a nice statue. She's still sweet on your dad. You probably reminded her of him."

Percy's face was as red as tomato, and I am not describing my emotions, "Oh, so now it's my fault we met Medusa."

I straightened, and repeated what he said earlier in his imitation, "It's just a photo, Annabeth, what's the harm?"

Percy looked away, "Forget it. You are impossible."

I raised an eyebrow. So he was going to play this game with me? "You're insufferable"

"You are-"

Grover interrupted him. "Hey!" He said, turning to both of us. "You two are giving me a migraine, and satyrs don't even get migraines. What are we going to do with the head?"

Percy didn't take much time to think, "I'll be back." And got up with the grocery bag.

I called after him. "Percy, what are you trying to . . ?"

Percy didn't respond, going in one room and then another. Resigned, we came after him. He seemed to have fund the room he wanted.

He filled up a list for the gods, and packed Medusa's head to send them.

"They are not going to like that! They will think you are impertinent." Grover warned him.

He sent it. "I am impertinent."

Percy looked at me, as though challenging me to argue. I didn't. "Come on, we need a new plan."

********************************************_____*********************************************

Finally, another chapter completed. I feel so relieved now. Next chapter in idk time. Maybe two weeks. Till then, Cya!