Medusa shows her real colors - 16

Hello guys. How are you? I Hope you are fine and like this chapter. Rick Riordan owns everything. Enjoy!

Medusa looked at us as though pleading, and my blood boiled. "Please dears. I so rarely get to be with children. Before you go, won't you at least sit for a pose?"

I narrowed my eyes. "A pose?"

"A photograph. I will use it to model a new statue set. Children are so popular, you see." I got the feeling she was smirking. "Everyone loves children." 

I shifted my feet, trying to think. How could I tell Percy to immediately leave? "I don't think we can, Ma'am. Come on, Percy . ."

"Sure we can." He said, annoyed. I sighed. "It's just a photo, Annabeth, what's the harm?"

Medusa's eyes glinted maliciously. "Yes Annabeth, no harm."

She led us to her front door again. I followed her, having no other choice. Percy looked at me with arched eyebrows. I tried to communicate with him telepathically, but . . of course, no result.

Medusa made us sit with the stone satyr on a bench. "Now, I'll just position you correctly. The young girl in the middle, I think, and the two young gentlemen on either side."

Percy looked around. "Not much light for a photo."

Medusa smiled, which I think was supposed to be sweet. "Oh, enough. Enough for us to see each other, yes?"

"Where's your camera?" Grover asked. I was still trying to get Percy's attention without any positive results.

Medusa, of course, ignored him. "Now, the face is the most difficult. Can you smile for me please, everyone? A large smile?"

Grover murmured, looking at the Satyr statue. "That sure does look like Uncle Ferdinand."

Medusa purred. "Grover, look this way dear."

We all stood in a tense way. Medusa looked at Percy hungrily. I had a moment to say, "Percy!"

Percy looked around a bit sleepily. Medusa, still not taking her eyes off Percy, said. "I will just be a moment. You know, I can't see you very well in this cursed veil...." 

This was it. Grover looked at me nervously. Medusa's face would be lethal . . not lethal, but something like that. I swallowed. "Percy, something's wrong."

Medusa replied instead of him, while wrapping her veil off. "Wrong? Not at all, dear. I have such noble company tonight. What could be wrong?"

Your face! I wanted to scream.

Grover shouted, since there was no more time remaining. "That is Uncle Ferdinand!"

"Look away from her!" I screamed, as Percy still was dazed. I wore my Yankees cap, and yanked back both of them.

I hoped Percy was not half asleep right now, as I ran toward the other side, trying to circle on Medusa's back. If Percy looked at her face, even by mistake, I swear she was gonna regret ever getting born. 

I was almost on her back with my dagger, when Percy tried to look up. "No! Don't!" I shouted, giving away my position, but Percy was still more important than killing Medusa.

I ran away, since she probably knew that I had been there now. 

Somewhere from far, Grover bleated. "Run!" He was flying with his magic shoes now.

I literally gagged, as Medusa reached above Percy and said. "Such a pity to destroy a handsome young face. Stay with me, Percy. All you have to do is look up."

Percy's head turned sideways, and I tried my best to reach Medusa again from the right.  I heard her voice again. "The Gray-Eyed One did this to me, Percy, Annabeth's mother, the cursed Athena, turned me from a beautiful woman into this."

"Don't listen to her," I yelled. "Run, Percy!"

"Silence!" She snarled. It would have been stunning to hear her voice tone change if we had not been in a life-threatening time. "You see why I must destroy the girl, Percy. She is my enemy's daughter. I shall crush her statue to dust. But you, dear Percy, you need not suffer." 

I didn't hear Percy's reply. But I gestured the flying Grover to come and hit Medusa. Fast!

Grover yelled to Percy, "Duck!"

He just ducked in time, and Grover successfully crashed in Medusa, flying again. This was not going to kill her. In the myths, her head was cut off to kill her, as I remember.

She screamed, "You miserable satyr. I will add you to my collection."

Grover shouted back, "That was for Uncle Ferdinand!"

I slipped next to Percy, and told him, "Percy!"

He was a deer in the headlights. "Jeez! don't do that!"

I took off my Yankees cap, and stared at him. "You have to cut her head off."

His eyes widened, as though I was mad. "What? Are you crazy? Let's get out of here."

I had already thought about that. "Medusa is a menace. She's evil. I'd kill her myself, but..." I gulped hard. Admitting that someone else's weapon is better than yours is not easy in any aspect. "But you've got the better weapon. Besides, I'd never get close to her. She'dslice me to bits because of my mother. You-you've got a chance."

He shook his head, "What? I can't-"

I grabbed his shoulder. "Look, do you want her turning more innocent people into statues?"

He became quiet, and I thanked every god in existence that he understood my belief. I thought hard. Now how could we kill Medusa without looking at her?

********************************************____**********************************************

Hello, another chapter finished. Hope you liked it. Next one probably in 2-3 weeks. And guys, my exams are going on. Wish me luck! Cya!